turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee Turkey Scouting

Started by jwhunter, March 11, 2014, 12:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhunter

Today the temp is going to get up to 70 degrees so I decided to go listen for gobbling. I arrived at my listening spot at 6:15. I heard gobbling as soon as I rolled my truck window down. :drool: I snuck up to the field that the birds were roosted near. 3 gobblers came into the field and 2 more were gobbling off to the left.  there was gobbling going on 360 deg around me.   here is the highlight video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxd3t7oUDgI&list=UU4agw1vkg0exXl8y7N-FyKQ

nsselle

awesome video, they never stopped coming to you.........thanks for sharing.

longbeard11

absolutely awesome! thats what we like to see, big ol paint brush beards and gobbling their heads off!!

jwhunter

I wasn't anticipating them getting that close. they walked 10 yards to my left out of the field down the logging road. they stayed behind me for a while drumming. the eased off to my left down in a big hardwood bottom. they never knew I was there.

longbeard11

Man you gotta love that!! Anytime you can get out and enjoy Gods creation and the beauty of turkeys up close and personal like that is just awesome!! Never take a minute of that for granted!! Great stuff man, successful scouting trip for sure! Now if you can only get em to do that when season comes in you will be in the money! Easier said than done though right? :) lol

GobbleNut

That's just what I needed to see!  We will be in Tennessee for our first hunt there in a couple more weeks.  Nothing like that close-up, rattling gobble to get me pumped!  Great stuff. Thanks for posting!

jwhunter

beagler

Never Misses

L.F. Cox

Quote from: jwhunter on March 11, 2014, 01:37:05 PM
hardwood bottom. they never knew I was there.

What were they putting at right there at the end of the video ?

jwhunter

Quote from: L.F. Cox on March 11, 2014, 04:36:03 PM
Quote from: jwhunter on March 11, 2014, 01:37:05 PM
hardwood bottom. they never knew I was there.

What were they putting at right there at the end of the video ?

There was a group of deer behind me that scattered. They were putting at the nervous deer. I watched the turkeys move towards the bottom. I watched them another 30 min

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

tomstopper

Nice. Good luck this season...

Rokhal07

Great video. Gets me pumped for our TN opener.

turkeyfoot

Nice I know your anxious for season to start.  I'll be in Tenn. march 30th for A week be glad to see 1 or 2  long beards just hoping for decent weather and not a ton of pressure

ccaldwell