News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Before you take that shot!

Started by busta biggun, March 11, 2014, 11:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recurve

Bigspurs68

Well said! They should all be given the respect due to them. That reverence that true turkey hunters have for these great birds should be passed on to the next generation. Watching some videos out there, I fear we have our work cut out for us.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

beagler

Never Misses

headshot870

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Rio Fan

That was great - well said! Can you please send that post to ammo manufacturers that advertise killing birds at 66 yards because you know darn well that is going to result in some wounded gobblers.

silvestris

The way I look at it, if I can see him and I pull the trigger, I might kill him.

So I strive to keep my.shots within 30 yards.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

slamman

ceejay

Quote from: Rio Fan on March 11, 2014, 09:46:23 PM
That was great - well said! Can you please send that post to ammo manufacturers that advertise killing birds at 66 yards because you know darn well that is going to result in some wounded gobblers.

Ain't that the truth  :(

gob09

Very responsible post I'm of the opinion that most gentlemen on OG share your feelings on this subject

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

tnturkey

spur collector

Mike Honcho

Very well stated, couldn't agree with you more. Good luck this season.

DirtNap647