OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First time I've seen one of these on our property...

Started by northms, March 11, 2014, 09:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

...a big ol' black hog.  Had my cams out this week to get some turkey pics and this fat sucker must have been cruising through in the middle of the night.  Scared to death there's more, because I know where there's one....you know the saying.

How much you think he weighs? :fud:

Gamblinman

150 lbs

Yep, where theres one, there are others. They can make some damn fine breakfast sausage. Almost impossible to control, but you can sure have fun trying.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Big Timber

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

tomstopper

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

HARDCORE

If you need help with hog eradication, contact CASH here on OG. He's a bonified hog killer!

:fud: :fud: :fud: :fud: :fud: :fud: :fud:

HC

guesswho

I saw three on my property for the first time last year.  Now I'm seeing 20 and 30 at a time.  Good luck.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

RutnNStrutn

Kill every one that you see!! :fud: If you do it now before they populate, you might have a chance. Those things breed like rabbits, and tear your property to pieces.

cuttinAR

Sorry bud you'll never get rid of them, they'll only get worse.  Best you can do is hunt them with dogs every year.  You can pressure them off the property.  Smart critters.