turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

LEAFY SUITS & GHILLE SUITS?

Started by NC_10, March 10, 2014, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_10

Jus curious if anyone uses either and what brand they prefer. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdavenp3

I use Cabela's 3d leafy suit in Obsession. Really like it. Never used a truthful Ghillie suit but I am sure they are great if you get the correct kind. Reason I go with the Cabela's is that is light weight and allows me to wear whatever I feel comfortable up under it.

northms

I love my leafy cabelas pants and coat. You can get a light outer shell that isn't name brand for a reasonable price and it will look great. Search the forum up top with this subject and there are several past threads on it.

30_06

I use and like the ASAT 3d leafy suit. Works well for me.

Old Gobbler

A special forces sniper friend of mine showed me how to make mine , he told me  they make them selves , it's part of the sniper course they take to gets certified/ qualified for the trade

Mine is a modified version of it with a net mesh frame , it's cooler in hot weather -- look in the how too section lower in the forum ,there is a thread down there on how to make one
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

kevin2

I've got a Cabela's 3rd Leafy as well & it is awesome. It was the best money I spent on gear last year. 
My Ghillie, on the other hand, is a worthless peice of junk! It is like a vaccum cleaner in the forest, sucking up everything in sight. You end up with leaves, sticks, and anything else that isn't really attached good stuck to the fibers of the Ghillie. I've owned 2 different brands, and they both did the same thing.

Quote from: jdavenp3 on March 10, 2014, 10:08:06 PM
I use Cabela's 3d leafy suit in Obsession. Really like it. Never used a truthful Ghillie suit but I am sure they are great if you get the correct kind. Reason I go with the Cabela's is that is light weight and allows me to wear whatever I feel comfortable up under it.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Skeeterbait

I use a suite made by Whitewater Outdoors called Real Leaf.  Most authentic looking I have seen.  They have now discontinued it.

DirtNap647

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

kiltman

QuoteIt is like a vaccum cleaner in the forest, sucking up everything in sight. You end up with leaves, sticks, and anything else that isn't really attached good stuck to the fibers of the Ghillie. I've owned 2 different brands, and they both did the same thing.

That's what a ghille is all about.  You are suppose to add the local vegatation to it so it blends in better.

Skeeterbait

Quote from: kiltman on March 11, 2014, 08:46:15 AM
QuoteIt is like a vaccum cleaner in the forest, sucking up everything in sight. You end up with leaves, sticks, and anything else that isn't really attached good stuck to the fibers of the Ghillie. I've owned 2 different brands, and they both did the same thing.

That's what a ghille is all about.  You are suppose to add the local vegatation to it so it blends in better.

Yeah... but Shannon is in south Florida.  At some point he will start looking like the Swamp Thing.  ;D

Gooserbat

I use a Kill Suit by All Predator Calls. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

paturkeyhntr

I have the Bug Buster 3D suit.  The best part is the full net hood/face mask.  Easy on/off and no need to carry an additional head net.  Since it doesn't hug your face like a head net, the mosquitoes can get to your skin.  It is all mesh construction so it is pretty cool in the warmer weather.

kevin2

yES, that is true. But old noisy crunching leaves and sticks stuck in spots they should not be ruins the suit. It is next to impossible to retract them all one they are there. Noisy nasty mess!

Quote from: kiltman on March 11, 2014, 08:46:15 AM

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

DocHolliday