turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pretty Blonde

Started by MKMGOBL, March 10, 2014, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKMGOBL

I was in MA on Saturday looking to scout for turkeys, maybe thump a few crows or call in a coyote. The scouting was good, the crow hunting was OK & the coyote thing was AWESOME :icon_thumright:

Here's my MA 46.5lb male blonde coyote. A total of 3 sets, 1 missed on the 2nd set at roughly 150yds or less due to running & breaking through the snow crust on every other step trying to get a good position for the shot. I quit smoking last August & was not in shape (well...good shape) to be running like that & probably shouldn't have tried the shot being out of breath so bad but I did :-[ 

However my miss was a blessing because it pushed the coyote back into the lower river bottom field. We took off to see if we could catch up to him on the other side. As we came up on the middle field roughly a good ¾ of mile from our second set, we spotted him. He was on a good trot heading towards the drop to the lower flat the river bottom field. I quickly took up another prone shooting position still a little winded but nearly like on the second set. I also had a better level set up with my rifles bi-pod this time. He was in a good trot heading a long the hedgerow as I got my gun ready. Just as he was ready to drop over he stopped broadside to take one last look at us. Oh what a huge mistake because that pause was all I needed to settle the crosshair & send my 55gr Winchester Ballistic Silver tip on its way.

I touched off the shot & his rear end just dropped from under him & he slammed the snow pack where he stood! Done deal babe ;D We ranged it & came up with 260yd poke. I double checked it on my map & came up with 253yds. Either way I'm pretty pleased with my shot from my T/C Venture 22-250 & that I saved several turkey so that some day soon they can flop in front of me ;)

This is my 6th coyote (1 with the bow, 1 with the shotgun while turkey hunting, 1 with the 22 hornet, 1 with my 280, 1 with the 30-06) but my first blonde so I'm having a trappers tan done on the hide & sending the skull to Beetle Works.

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

captin_hook

tomstopper

SOILLHUNTING

And there came a voice to him. Rise, Peter, kill and eat. - Acts 10:13

Hognutz

Nice 'yote. Get all of those mangy critters that you can. They are nothing but killing machines.
Well done!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

longspur

pretty yote. kill em all

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

surehuntsalot

fine job,keep up the great work
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MKMGOBL

thank all....I try my best when I can to thump everyone of these turkey stealing critters :icon_thumright:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"