OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone hunt mountain turkeys?

Started by Turkey fryin, March 08, 2014, 10:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

Here's the view from the back side of the property I hunt.  I took it this past Saturday...sorry for the quality its a cell phone pic.

God Bless

One of my favorite views!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

turkey_slayer

Quote from: turkeyfoot on March 08, 2014, 08:23:53 PM
Quote from: SS Calls on March 08, 2014, 06:24:31 PM
I live in Southwest Virginia, out in the sticks in a place called Moccasin Valley. We hunt the Clinch Mountain here and it's billy goat country.  :toothy12: We're in Russell county.

Al

Done lot of trout fishing around Clinch Mtn. surrounding area

Cinch mtn is my back yard. I'm near the big tumbling part of it

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Turkey fryin on March 08, 2014, 12:17:54 PM
Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 08, 2014, 10:56:24 AM
Quote from: Turkey fryin on March 08, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
I live in the southwest part of Virginia (Dickenson county) and for anyone who's been here you would know its all straight up and straight down! The turkey are thick but hard to hunt. I love it tho, It makes it harder to hunt cause you can't just circle around to any spot you want when you know where some birds are at. Your choices are very limited! That's what makes it more fun and challenging!
Just wondered if I shared the mountain birds with anyone in this great country?

Stay calm, Go turkey hunting!

Hello neighbor. Don't hunt Dickenson but have hunted Scott, tazewell and Russell. Spend most of my time in bland and wythe now. Some very rough country. Lots of places you got to grab trees, limbs or anything you can get a hold of to pull yourself up. Most people don't understand just cause you can hear him doesn't mean you can walk right to him. It might take 2 hours to get to him. Rocks rolling 75+ yards tend to spook birds

i spend two weeks hunting big walker mountain in bland every year! Great hunting out there!

Killed a ton of birds off walker. It's my go to spot

turkeyfoot

All them pictures making me homesick

Fatbeard

I'm in east TN and usually hunt a mountain bird or two each year. Clinch mountain range and plenty on the Cherokee
East TN Beard Buster

CT Spur Collector

We hunt a few mountains here in PA.

hobbes

I've hunted a mountain or two.  A long way from TN or WV, but mountains none the less.

appalachianstruttstopper

Yep, all mountain terrain except for 1 turkey I killed in FL last year. Blue Ridge Mountains VA. Carroll, Wythe, Grayson, Patrick, Bland, etc

30_06

Western NC has some mountain birds I like to get after!

zeke632

Quote from: hobbes on March 10, 2014, 10:35:46 PM
I've hunted a mountain or two.  A long way from TN or WV, but mountains none the less.

Great picture!

jtg88

I just moved back to Mississippi after spending the past 3 springs hunting the mountains of the Cherokee National Forest in Carter, Sullivan, and Washington County, Tennessee. These mountain pictures are making me sick. There is just something about standing on a high ridge at daylight while gobbles echo off the surrounding mountains that makes you feel like a million bucks.

TJK68

Yep, I am close to you as well. I am in the mountains of West Virginia, in Mercer County.

WildTigerTrout

I hunt the "Big Woods" of NC Pa. Most times you hunt up or down. Not alot of flat woods or fields here.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

turkey_slayer

Quote from: jtg88 on March 11, 2014, 07:35:44 PM
I just moved back to Mississippi after spending the past 3 springs hunting the mountains of the Cherokee National Forest in Carter, Sullivan, and Washington County, Tennessee. These mountain pictures are making me sick. There is just something about standing on a high ridge at daylight while gobbles echo off the surrounding mountains that makes you feel like a million bucks.

Here's some pics last year from those exact areas

WildSpur

I do in pa.  I purposely drive 80 miles each way to escape the concrete jungle.   No desire to hunt neighborhood birds.  I love it.  I see things I will never see at home. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less