Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Quote from: Hognutz on March 07, 2014, 06:40:00 PM
Quote from: SinGin on March 07, 2014, 05:45:55 PM
I shoot jakes out of a blind opening morning. Just had to add that

With lead and at 60 yards!!   :toothy12:
Probably in your unders as well......... :funnyturkey:

MKMGOBL

Wait until you get to part in the rule book that someone wrote...."you are NOT! a turkey hunter unless you hunt on public land in MD & PA" :TooFunny: Those experts sure can be a hoot at times
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

lonnie sneed jr.

The only rule that I know fore sure, is every time I think I know what a gobbler is going to do, he does something different.  NO ONE THING works on a gobbler every time. There is no set rule on how many yelps, clucks, purrs and so on that works every time. Do what you have to do, when you think the  time is right to do it.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

DirtNap647

Quote from: tomstopper on March 07, 2014, 07:02:50 PM
Quote from: Hognutz on March 07, 2014, 06:40:00 PM
Quote from: SinGin on March 07, 2014, 05:45:55 PM
I shoot jakes out of a blind opening morning. Just had to add that

With lead and at 60 yards!!   :toothy12:
Probably in your unders as well......... :funnyturkey:
and using a squealing hen call  :TooFunny:

meat grinder

Yes I am guilty of the .. I have shot turkey's with lead at 60 yards:) they died

owlhoot

Quote from: hookedspur on March 07, 2014, 06:13:52 PM
Every time I have killed one I think SO thats how Im suposed to do it ! I have this down now !!

Then the next 3 or 4 times out they make me out the FOOL .
Yep ;D ;D Now what the heck, A BOOK   where ya get it , is it free , how long has it been out, got to go find it :bike2:  is it still the same or did they change it :help: :help:

silvestris

Charles Jordan wrote the rule book.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

owlhoot

hookedspur

The Bird you are hunting writes and rewrites the book everytime you interact with him.
I know they are super dumb at times , but they have a built in WILD about them thats tuff to
get around at times.

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

owlhoot

Well if the toms keep re-writing it , no need to get s book now :TooFunny:

silvestris

Quote from: owlhoot on March 08, 2014, 11:31:22 AM
who the heck is that?

Perhaps I should have said Charles L. Jordan.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Hooksfan

Kind of along the same lines, but I sometimes wonder if I am doing my kids a disservice by calling birds in for them and pretty much doing everything but pull the trigger.
I didn't have anyone to really teach me. I learned to call by listening to a Dick Kirby cassette tape. I wore out my dads 1950's vintage Army fatigues as they were the only "camo " I had. I enjoy watching hunting videos as much as anyone, but I can't believe how cluless some of the goofs putting these productions really are.

mudhen

Quote from: lonnie sneed jr. on March 07, 2014, 07:09:15 PM
The only rule that I know fore sure, is every time I think I know what a gobbler is going to do, he does something different.  NO ONE THING works on a gobbler every time. There is no set rule on how many yelps, clucks, purrs and so on that works every time. Do what you have to do, when you think the  time is right to do it.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

This..1000%....

Working on my second 100 toms, and not one has been the same or even very similar to any others...

That is the main reason I am hopelessly addicted to this wild bird...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Illini Tom

i am self taught, because where i grew up and still live, mail delivery was sketchy, the rabbit ears wouldnt pull in the outdoor channel and we just got the internet a couple years ago
so, luckily, i never read that there book and never had no infomercial hunters or web xperts show me how, or how not, to do it  ;D

cphill

Quote from: hookedspur on March 07, 2014, 06:13:52 PM
Every time I have killed one I think SO that's how I'm supposed to do it ! I have this down now !!

Then the next 3 or 4 times out they make me out the FOOL .
agree 100%

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2