Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Q: Prefer to Hunt Alone Or With A Buddy?

Started by bamagtrdude, March 07, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Sorry GuessWho - had another moment of weakness before season & watched another huntin' show!!  ;)  This question came up in the show...

*BUT* great question - curious to hear your answers...  I'd say for me, early on, I preferred to hunt alone; began hunting with a buddy, but he wouldn't let me call much!  So, I hunted alone for years, until I moved back to Alabama in 2004 & began hunting with my cousin, and got another buddy of mine into it.  Now, I really like hunting with someone else; the experience just seems more fun, although I've learned it's a bit tougher to get 2 folks coordinated on a hunt!

Thoughts?  Pros/Cons?
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

longbeard11

Oh man, to me there is just nothing like turkey hunting with a buddy!! With filming hunts now we almost never hunt alone anymore which makes it fun, but even if I werent filming I would definitely prefer to have a buddy there. 

My two best hunts last year were with two of my best friends with me. The year before that my best was with a great freind of mine and my dad.  Just having them there and sharing those moments together and talking about God and how awesome he is that he allows us to enjoy his wonderful creation like we do makes it so much more gratifying to me.  I have hunted alone quite a bit and have killed several birds alone and it was alot of fun, but just nothing like having a couple of buddies there to make those memories with! To me, thats what its all about!

CASH

I enjoy both, but I do most of my turkey hunting with my BIL.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

headbanger

Now that my son is off at college the majority of my hunting is alone. I will hook up with a friend very occasionally but not often.

budtripp

When I'm deer hunting I prefer to be alone hands down. But turkey hunting is a buddy sport to me. I do enjoy hunting alone but enjoy it even more when I have a good friend along

Mike Honcho

I like to take my grandsons when I can but otherwise by myself.  Partly due to the private land I hunt....I'm very protective of the locations and relationships with landowners.

guesswho

I like hunting with a buddy.  But most of my buddy's don't like hunting with me.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey_slayer

bamagtrdude

Quote from: guesswho on March 07, 2014, 04:39:16 PM
I like hunting with a buddy.  But most of my buddy's don't like hunting with me.

ROFL - and why is that, man???  You crack me up, dude! :)
---

Muzzy61

I enjoy both. It's almost like the Ginger or Mary Ann question.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Muzzy61 on March 07, 2014, 04:43:24 PM
I enjoy both. It's almost like the Ginger or Mary Ann question.

Ha, it is, and that's fun to talk about, too...  ;)
---

guesswho

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 07, 2014, 04:41:12 PM
I tend to spook all the turkeys.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

bamagtrdude

Quote from: guesswho on March 07, 2014, 05:14:10 PM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 07, 2014, 04:41:12 PM
I tend to spook all the turkeys.

Did you mean to say "SHOOT" all the turkeys???  ;)  hehehe
---

chatterbox

Quote from: guesswho on March 07, 2014, 04:39:16 PM
I'd hunt with you any day! :icon_thumright:

tnturkey

I enjoy hunting with someone more. but I am more successful by myself.