turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Face paint or Face mask?

Started by GomerPyle, March 05, 2014, 11:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GomerPyle

face paint is a common debate on waterfowl forums, but I'm interested to get an opinion from turkey hunters' perspectives.

anyone use face paint in lieu of a mask/net?  I use it for deer during bow season and like it.  much more convenient than a mask that may or may not move with your head when you turn it. 

thoughts?
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

reynolds243

mask if i can only hunt a few hours in the morning, paint if i have most of the day to hunt. I don't use a net mask though i can only use the  3/4 stretch type with the mouth cut out.

tomstopper

Mask b/c usually I try to hunt in the morning before work. The liberals where I work would probably crap themselves if I showed up with paint on unless it was a rainbow of colors.....

Skeeterbait

Half mask, split up the back with elastic like a bandit mask.  Wear it around my neck and pull it up when I set up.  One I use is net but has 3D leaf on it like my leafy jacket.  I wear a leafy boonie hat and pull it down low over my eyes.

ElkTurkMan

3/4 mask for me.  I like the ones you can put around your neck, then slip over your face on when it's time to set up.

Gooserbat

3/4 or 1/2 mask.  Either works, just remember to pull it over your ears and across the bridge of your nose.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Frank G

Use both  :icon_thumright: If it is a short hunt I'll use a boony type hat with a drop down full mask. Have a couple of slits cut in it because I use a red dot, hate looking thru the mesh. All day hunt face paint if it isn't blistering hot. Can be a pain to remove though. You look like you are a member of KISS  :toothy12:

Frank G  In Tennessee

d.winsor

I like a full face mask, never has bothered me.  I like it also as it seems to keep many bugs off, I can hear them buzzing but they can't get to me.  The ones I like they don't make any more, they are the ones with just the eye slits in them.

kenfa03

Carbomask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Beard Buster

I use both. Because I wear glasses, I put carbomask on my nose and under my eyes to cut glare and the pull up my 3/4 mask under my nose and over my ears.

ShortSpurs

darn2ten

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on March 05, 2014, 11:24:00 AM
3/4 mask for me.  I like the ones you can put around your neck, then slip over your face on when it's time to set up.
X2