turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sushi.... yes or no?

Started by MouthCaller, March 04, 2014, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Gooserbat

I have an iron gut but raw sushi was the only thing I couldn't swallow.  It just kinda hung up and wouldn't go down.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

matchbook454

Absolutly love sushi!  Can't get enough!  Best I had was when I was fishing in Islamorada FL and the capt. cut up some tuna right there at the dock.  Can't get any fresher than that!

kiltman

MouthCaller

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 04, 2014, 05:36:50 PM
Yes to sushi and sushimi.  Yes to tempura and hibachi.

Mouthcaller:

You need to check out the video of the history of the most famous sushi chef in Japan, Jiro Ono, which is "Jiro Dreams Of Sushi."  It's a very serious business in Japan, and in big cities in the US, for that matter.  People pay hundreds and wait months to get a seat in his restaurant, and he feeds them what he wants depending on the fresh catch, and in the order he wants to serve it. 

He is an ornery old curmudgeon, but anyone that meticulous and a perfectionist is just interesting to see, whether you like sushi or not.

http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXAjCWNpO3A

I will check that out!
Quote from: Gooserbat on March 04, 2014, 06:06:08 PM
I have an iron gut but raw sushi was the only thing I couldn't swallow.  It just kinda hung up and wouldn't go down.
You must've had ghetto sushi cause the stuff I had literally melted like butter on your tongue it was amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

We have a first rate Thai place up the street and they do sushi also , it's good , not exactly filling -  but some of the more exotic sushi is quite good

On a side note I have access to good tuna steaks , it's red like steaks -- and I finally figured out how to sear cook tuna steaks at high heat , and it is awesome ! Coat it down with sesame seeds and cook at a bazillion degrees for a minute or so at each side , rare on inside --   cut it into thin slices -- good stuff 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

West Augusta

It's OK.  I've had it a few times.  Wasabi is the best thing I've ever found to clear my sinuses.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

greenhead11

Gut Pile

about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

highwaygun

Just ate some for supper. Love it!

Skeeterbait

Yes I like sushi!  In south Alabama we call it BAIT.  We use it to catch fish to fry up and eat!

Shellwaster

I too could eat it once a week if I could afford it. When my wife and I can get a sitter and we go on a date we always go sushi. She prefers tempura and sushi rolls and I like it all.

Shoregobbler

Yes, especially with cooked crab and fried oyster.

Bustabeak

Best stuff ever! I was talked into trying it and loved it ever since!

BowBendr

No. I don't eat raw cut bait, I fish with it........