turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

vinci combo

Started by Ange, March 03, 2014, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ange

been readin a lot here but first post-  I'm setting up a a new super vinci 28" i got over teh winter.  in the past ive hunted with an 870 and  a 3" home brew blend nickel plated 4;s and 6;s.  from what i'm seeing it seems like guys are having the best luck with teh Pure Gold and Indian Creek and I'm wondering what constriction might be the best to go with.  with the majority of the shot in my loads being 4;s i'm wondering if a 'looser' constriction (670ish) would benefit the best?

thanks-
Ange

the Ward

Depends on what shell and how far your shooting. I have a 3" vinci with a 28" barrel and have my best results so far with a Sumtoy .650 choke shooting 3" magblends.It also does well with federal turkey thug 3" in #5s and#6s. There are some super vinci shooters here, hopefully some can chime in with some suggestions for you. So far my experience with the small bore benellis is that generally speaking they like the tighter chokes in most brands, somewhere in the .650 to.660 range. The .665 kicks I tested in this gun started to  open up pretty thin at 40 yards with lead. I have not tried either of the chokes you have mentioned, but they are both of high quality.You can go to the pattern picture forum here and see what combos guys are shooting with the benellis. Hot ticket this year seems to be the new win longbeard shells,Guys are getting phenominal patterns with them for lead shells. Good luck, and     :wagon:

ads1

I have a Super Vinci with a 26 inch barrel. The Indian Creek choke (.665) is a winner for me.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois