Main Menu

Longbeard XR's at Wal Mart

Started by TN Beard Buster, March 03, 2014, 04:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

no XR at my wal mart,but they had the Thugs out,so I loaded up
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TN Beard Buster

darn2ten, I'm talking about Tullahoma,TN Wal Mart. They had 3" and 3 1/2" #5's which is all I shoot.

CASH

10 days before season and this is the selection at my wal mart and it was just put out

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

eman375

CASH--At least there is a promise of new merchandise coming soon.  Living in the northwest, WalMart here doesn't stock anything for turkey hunting.  Last year I saw that guys on the forum were talking about Turkey Thugs shot shells from WalMart so I hustled right over only to find out that not only did they not have any but they had never even heard of them.  Go figger...   

darn2ten

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on March 04, 2014, 10:31:25 PM
darn2ten, I'm talking about Tullahoma,TN Wal Mart. They had 3" and 3 1/2" #5's which is all I shoot.
Dang I was just in Tullahoma the other day. I've got 5 boxes, but wanted to stock up on a few more. 5's is what I shoot too.

CASH

Quote from: eman375 on March 04, 2014, 11:37:09 PM
CASH--At least there is a promise of new merchandise coming soon.  Living in the northwest, WalMart here doesn't stock anything for turkey hunting.  Last year I saw that guys on the forum were talking about Turkey Thugs shot shells from WalMart so I hustled right over only to find out that not only did they not have any but they had never even heard of them.  Go figger...

Based on the past couple years, it won't get much better
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Skeeterbait

Bass Pro in P'ville is carrying 4 and 6's but not 5's.  Academy had no idea what I was talking about even though they have them on the website.  I will check the WalMart this afternoon.

Skeeterbait

No Longbeards at the P'ville WalMart either.

taylorjones20

3" 4 and 5 shot at South Jackson, Tn wal mart. No 3.5"
Alive only by the Grace Of God

CASH

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 05, 2014, 07:55:40 PM
No Longbeards at the P'ville WalMart either.

Do they still have a good selection of the Supremes and Double X?

Skeeterbait

I saw several boxes of High Velocity, a few Double X and one box of Thugs.  Didn't pay any attention to what length and shot they were, they weren't what I was looking for.

CASH

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 05, 2014, 09:46:02 PM
I saw several boxes of High Velocity, a few Double X and one box of Thugs.  Didn't pay any attention to what length and shot they were, they weren't what I was looking for.

:icon_thumright:

THattaway

Quote from: CASH on March 04, 2014, 11:21:55 PM
10 days before season and this is the selection at my wal mart and it was just put out

SOB! They done gone and went to stocking Guesswho's barbie decoys!
Ronnie I knew those trail cam photos of your decoys was gonna bite you back one day.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Skeeterbait

They also have an excellent selection this year of hot pink trimmed camo clothing  ::)

Skeeterbait

I tell you the days of running and picking up a box of your favorite shells at the store day before the hunt is over.  When you come across what you want, better buy all you can afford.  Yes I understand this is also adding to the problem but you don't want to be the one without any shells and can't find any.