OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snake Boots

Started by L.F. Cox, March 02, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darn2ten

I grew up hunting Florida myself. Kind of funny, probably not the smartest thing in the world, but I never wore snake boots. Only thing I every wore was Lacrosse rubber boots. One time I drove up to Steinhatchee Fl. to turkey hunt. I got there about noon of Friday and left about lunch time Sunday. During that time I killed 4 cottonmouths, 2 pigmy rattlers, and a 4 1/2 ft. diamondback. Funny thing is, snakes never really bothered me, but I would hurt myself trying to get away from one of those big nasty banana spiders.

R AJ

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 05, 2014, 02:49:09 PM
Quote from: RAJ on March 04, 2014, 03:27:14 PMLots of us woods workers wear the gaiters instead of snake boots. They have some that are pretty comfortable and they keep those pants legs from getting so wet when walking through morning dew on food plot grass,etc. Look for them on ebay as well.

Who makes the gaiters woods workers believe are worth owning?  Some of what is out there looks like garbage.

I like and depend upon Rattlers Brand sold at Construction Safety Products for about $48.

hoyt

Grew up hunting the SE and most of the snakes that tried to bite me would have been in the face and waist or chest area..if I had of still been where I was when they struck.

Only time I wore snake boots was if I was going to be hunting or going through real thick palmettoes. They hold too much water for my kinda hunting in the swamps..but I do recommend them for everybody else.

SOILLHUNTING

I have read on different forums that most have been struck in the arms and hands while siting on the ground hunting. Most times by reaching or brushing up against foliage.

And there came a voice to him. Rise, Peter, kill and eat. - Acts 10:13