News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snake Boots

Started by L.F. Cox, March 02, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

Quote from: Stoner on March 02, 2014, 09:52:56 PM
Another time I was looking for a hog that was shot while bow hunting in a cypress head and it start to rain cats and dogs and the water was running off the ridges into the cypress head and the water started to come up and I started to see snakes everywhere. It would remind you of old Indiana Jones movie.
As the water rose the snakes were been flushed out of their hiding places. I could only take a few steps at a time and work my way out of that cypress head.
Hunting in Florida snakes are a fact of like, I never give it a second thought, I just watch where I step and sit.

Man that would of been freaky ,,,I hate snakes ,,,iam glad we don't have to deal with to many LOL
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

L.F. Cox

Quote from: RAJ on March 02, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
In SW Alabama last spring a 6 foot timber rattler bit through rubber boots and his pants leg. Said it felt like someone had hit him with a baseball bat.
I talked with my buddy that personally knows the Alabama fellow that got bit last year....the guy was wearing those foam top Muck boots ?

GomerPyle

Quote from: tomstopper on March 02, 2014, 10:10:43 PM
Quote from: CASH on March 02, 2014, 10:06:00 PM
I know two guys that have been struck. One was struck in the calf area of his snakeboot and the boot did it's job.

I don't know if they'd end up helping or not, but I'm flat out sissified scared of snakes so I wear them for piece of mind

:agreed: Here is a video that will send shivers down your spine Cash.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpyUVMlTx_U

[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

Jay

For the few times I hunt snake country, I hate to buy another pair of boots, but I am probably hunting Texas this year. I believe my boots around the sole would handle a snake bite, but I plan on probably ordering snake proof gaiters to handle my legs up to the knee. They also make chaps, but I do not ever hear about someone struck above the knee. These products are also great for hunting heavy cactus and thorny areas. Knee high gaiters 59.99 and chaps 79.99. Another option from boots.

CASH

Quote from: Jay on March 03, 2014, 06:01:16 PM
For the few times I hunt snake country, I hate to buy another pair of boots, but I am probably hunting Texas this year. I believe my boots around the sole would handle a snake bite, but I plan on probably ordering snake proof gaiters to handle my legs up to the knee. They also make chaps, but I do not ever hear about someone struck above the knee. These products are also great for hunting heavy cactus and thorny areas. Knee high gaiters 59.99 and chaps 79.99. Another option from boots.

They will help in TX with the thorns to. Never seen so many damn thorny plants in my life.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

CASH

Quote from: GomerPyle on March 03, 2014, 02:29:33 PM
I know two guys that have been struck. One was struck in the calf area of his snakeboot and the boot did it's job.

I don't know if they'd end up helping or not, but I'm flat out sissified scared of snakes so I wear them for piece of mind

That's me, except shooting as I go
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

tomstopper

Quote from: CASH on March 04, 2014, 06:03:16 AM
Quote from: GomerPyle on March 03, 2014, 02:29:33 PM

That's me, except shooting as I go
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :fud:

Frank G

I have two pairs, won't have boots on the ground when it's warm without them. Have yet to see any "bad boys" in 9 years in my area, others have. See a few nonpoisonous now and again.  :camohat: So far so good  :icon_thumright:

Frank G  In Tennessee

R AJ

Quote from: L.F. Cox on March 03, 2014, 02:05:44 PM
Quote from: RAJ on March 02, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
In SW Alabama last spring a 6 foot timber rattler bit through rubber boots and his pants leg. Said it felt like someone had hit him with a baseball bat.
I talked with my buddy that personally knows the Alabama fellow that got bit last year....the guy was wearing those foam top Muck boots ?

You are correct on the Muck boot. Very comfortable and roll down easily for putting on. I have seen plenty during my years but those don't bother me. It is the ones I don't see that I wonder about.

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Frank G

I have two pairs, won't have boots on the ground when it's warm without them.

Which ones do you have?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

kenfa03

Justins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R AJ

Lots of us woods workers wear the gaiters instead of snake boots. They have some that are pretty comfortable and they keep those pants legs from getting so wet when walking through morning dew on food plot grass,etc. Look for them on ebay as well.

Frank G

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 04, 2014, 02:43:22 PM
Quote from: Frank G

I have two pairs, won't have boots on the ground when it's warm without them.

Which ones do you have?

The first pair (the oldest 8 yrs) are Red Head from Bass Pro zipups. Some of the Red Head stuff is rather "chintzy" but these are perfect. Comfortable, waterproof warm and ware like iron. I'll spray them at the biginning of the spring and fall seasons. I stalk so comfort is paramount. I was in BP this weekend, they have the same boot for $150.00, when I purchased mine I remember $95.00.
The second is a pair of Irish Setter lace ups, no question a quality boot. I swap each day when I'm out ....... let them air out. The only issue is the lace ups are a "pain" to get on and off, other then that all day comfort with either. I saw a pair of Rockey snake boots last week, nice lace ups to set confort with a full length side zip. Almost purchased them....... The Rockey would be the next pair. All my cold weather boots are Rockey so I know they are good boots. When out there all day, dry, wet, muddy, swamps, cold, snow and a long walk back ...... I don't skip on foot ware. Hope this helps. I suggest the Rockey a bit pricey but will last for years.  :icon_thumright: Actually you may look in the discount shoe outlets. The one I was in had a complete line of Rockey boots. AND a lot more economically priced then the big houses.

Frank G  In Tennessee

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

L.F. Cox

In a pinch I've been known to hunt bare foot.  :camohat: