North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where do you hunt?

Started by jakesdad, March 02, 2014, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering where everybody hunts,vote for as many as apply.

own land
33 (30.3%)
permission on private
72 (66.1%)
lease
38 (34.9%)
public
69 (63.3%)
outfitter/guide
6 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 109

appalachianstruttstopper

National Forests and WMA in VA.

WildTigerTrout

I have one private piece of land I have permission to hunt. It is small, about 60 acres but prime turkey country and the rest I hunt is public, mostly state forest.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

J Hook Max

I own just a small amount but do not hunt turkeys there. I lease land in South Alabama and Middle Tennessee for turkey hunting and also belong to a hunting club in South Alabama as the only turkey hunter.
We guide hunters on the leased land in Tennessee. There are more turkeys there than anywhere I have hunted in Alabama.

Longshot

Mostly public wma's with maybe a couple of days a season on private ground with permission.
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

KS-Hoyt-Hunter

When I go to Missouri I hunt on my dad's land.
Here in Kansas I have a combo of private land and public land. Mostly public tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redleg06

There's more that hunt on "permission for private" than I would have thought.  I've lived and hunted turkey in two states (texas and now Bama) and both of them I've had to get a lease or go public. I wouldnt know what to do if I didnt have to pay to go.... :jackson:   OR fight the crowds on public.

I'll get occasional invites to other peoples places but most of the time it's on a lease.

SCTrky10

I mostly hunt land that I have leased, but I do have a few small tracts that I have permission to hunt as well.

MuddyRiver

I hunt my farm or federal and state public land.   

bmhern

Public land and leased land

THattaway

95% on SC public land. Do get an occasional private land hunt to call for others, sometimes results in a bird or two. I reserve the small amount of private land I have access to for taking my Kids and Dad to gun, usually results in a bird or three for them.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

danny

here in North Missouri I hunt on my own land.  I go to Nebraska and Kansas and hunt on public land.....Danny

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stinkpickle

Mostly lease and private.  Public occasionally.

ShortSpurs

Have hunted the same 800 acs. of ground I have leased for over 20 years. This year the owner says he has leased it to some doctors with $ and I can't hunt there any longer, Oh oh. Now I'm back to public ground for awhile , dang  :help:!

Garrett Trentham

Primarily public, followed by lease, followed by the occasional permission spot. Very little private land around here that isn't leased for hunting already.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org