OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where do you hunt?

Started by jakesdad, March 02, 2014, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering where everybody hunts,vote for as many as apply.

own land
33 (30.3%)
permission on private
72 (66.1%)
lease
38 (34.9%)
public
69 (63.3%)
outfitter/guide
6 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 109

bigbird

I hunt public some, family owns several hundred acres too. Public land is more challenging so I find that more attractive yo hunt. The private farms my family own are easier to hunt but I like the challenge of the terrain on public.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Lease and private ground

CASH

Mostly public land. I have permission to hunt some private land that is surrounded by about 1,000 glorious acres of turkey heaven, but I can only hunt there if my buddy is with me.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hs strut

me and dad went in together on a property that and i have permission to hunt most of westmorelands farms
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Beard Collecter

My uncle and I have about 5,000 acre total that we have permission to hunt on in Va. About 125 acres that we own. The good news is it is all within 10 min of home for both of us.

njdevilsb

Lease, permission on private, and public.  The three major pieces we hunt are within 10 minutes of each other too so on mornings where one is slow, we just skip over to the next.  The one we lease is really a steal as he doesn't ask much.  My dad has hunted there for longer than I have, and I've been hunting there for 15 years.

alloutdoors

I own land but it's only so-so for turkey. I have access to a few farms nearby that are ok. I've built a little turkey hunting paradise on a couple of thousand acres that I've gotten access to in the next county over. It's spread across a half dozen properties and most of the properties are open to anyone that knocks on the door, but it's some of the best turkey hunting I've found in NY. Some of the properties get hit so hard it might as well be public, others I hardly ever see another soul.

I hunt some on public too, but around here most of the public land is at higher elevation, is white pine monoculture, or both. It's generally not very good turkey habitat.

Hootin-N-Hammer

Mostly hunt on my own land but luckily I have permission to hunt some property that is jam up with turkeys.

jblackburn

Mainly public land and door knocking.  When I can make it back to MO I hunt the family farm and the in-laws place.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

captin_hook

Mike Honcho

Private farmland my family owns in area with Rio's.  Lots of private farmland I have sole permission to hunt....Easterns in this area. 

Ruger M77

Almost all public I have permission on some private land but I think it gets hunted harder than the public land. Here in Pennsylvania seems like if you can get permission to hunt a property everybody else can to. I like the freedom of public land and having thousands of acre's to hunt rather than a hundred
I eat therefore I hunt

IowaGobblers

Permission on a couple thousand private acres

El Pavo Grande

Mostly public land.  I am also on a couple small leases (less than 200 acres each), and my father in law has some private land that might as well be public.  Out of state it's a mix, but mostly public as well.

cracker4112

I'm on a 5,000 acre mol lease that has a great population, hunt a little bit on public land, and usually get a couple invites to hunt some other private lands each season.