turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A different kind of slam

Started by earlybird, February 28, 2014, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlybird

I've had this idea in my head for a couple of years now,and realized it's not that far off.I live in WV and have wanted to kill a gobbler in each of the states that border me.I've already got KY,MD now I'm going to try VA this year.This might sound a bit crazy to some but I love to hunt other states and this just seems like a fun way to do it.

vaturkey

Quote from: earlybird on February 28, 2014, 05:52:52 PM
I've had this idea in my head for a couple of years now,and realized it's not that far off.I live in WV and have wanted to kill a gobbler in each of the states that border me.I've already got KY,MD now I'm going to try VA this year.This might sound a bit crazy to some but I love to hunt other states and this just seems like a fun way to do it.

That's called a Hillbilly Slam !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Gooserbat

Well if that's a slam I'm half done.  Need TX, NM, and AR...Might be kinda fun to try it.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jakesdad

Ive always wanted to do the Missouri slam:

2 spring gobblers

2 fall gobblers

2 fall archery gobblers

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

earlybird

HaHa! I like the name,anybody else have a hillbilly slam?

SinGin

I live in Missouri, so thats a lot of boardering states :turkey2:

Rokhal07

Quote from: SinGin on February 28, 2014, 07:03:27 PM
I live in Missouri, so thats a lot of boardering states :turkey2:
same for TN (8 states border)

slamman

I'm trying for the Arizona Slam three of the five sub-species including Gould's Merriam's and Rio's, I have the Gould's and the Merriam's all I need is the Rio the big problem with that is the game and fish here only offers two tags for Rio's each year.

TrackeySauresRex

My slam is.. NY,NJ,Pa. I'm thinking of trying Md this season.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TN Beard Buster

I'd go broke buying liscence if I hunted all the state bordering Tennessee. KY,GA,AL,MS,VA,MO,AR & NC. Would be fun tho. It might be cheaper to go for a grand slam.

captin_hook

tomstopper

Quote from: vaturkey on February 28, 2014, 05:54:34 PM
Quote from: earlybird on February 28, 2014, 05:52:52 PM

That's called a Hillbilly Slam !  :icon_thumright:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: Nice. Good luck on your quest Earlybird......

budtripp

8 states bordering Missouri.  Lets see...Kansas and Nebraska would be fairly affordable.  Tennessee and Kentucky not too bad just a lil more travel time. Arkansas and Oklahoma...same deal. Only problems would be Iowa (pricey tag and have to draw) and Illinois (I don't feel like donating my money to their state govt)

d.winsor

I have one slam right now - TN

GSLAM95

I like it, set your goal and get after it!  Good luck chasing long beards this spring...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.