turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats your favorite pot call?

Started by Dr^ke, February 27, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr^ke

Just curious, what is everyone's favorite pot call-striker combo?

MikeStaten

Twisted sister with laminated striker

West Augusta

Glen Marrer glass over glass zebrawood pot with my Black Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Heller

I love my lights out slate call with a persimmon striker. I can play great turkey love music with that combo, but that pot sings good with several other strikers. My lights out anodized aluminum with a zebrawood striker is real close.

ky turkey hunter

Mr Sneed Hot hen slate and a maple peg I got from west augusta

drum817

I've got a laminated slate over glass W/ a kwila one piece striker from SS that I NEVER leave the house without!!!  Just got a new SS anodized aluminum w/ a diamond wood striker today that's gonna be a contender too!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

captin_hook

Right now my favorite is my newest I picked up in Nashville. Hollaran cacklin crystal with ipe striker. I've been running it every day. A close second is my lonnie sneed hot hen slate with hickory striker.

headbanger

Persimmon striker on a hot hen slate is hard to beat in my ears but a glass tom teasers with a laminate dymondwood striker is close. Two entirely different sounds but both play the tune.

Gooserbat

Magnolia slate in an Osage pot and an Ipe Striker.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Devastator

Mine is a HOOKS assassin bronzed glass with a Light's Out agate dymondwood striker.

RIO329

my own becote slate ,over beaded glass with an osage peg, tipped with deer antler

perrytrails

Stump.270

It is hard for me to snooze one I love all types of surface for glass it's the hooks bronzed cedar assassin for crystal it's the mistress for slate Lonzo zebrawood and aluminum is Dawkins now strikers is a different one for each call but all around favorite is a fowler dymondwood or the woodhaven strike 3 birch

Smooth_Operator

Mine is currently a Tim Sandford curly flame grained myrtle slate over aluminum with a purpleheart striker...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Spitten and drummen

got a lot of really great sounding ones but I would have to say im partial to my jimmy schaffer hot hen with a 1 piece maccassar ebony striker. man that thing sounds awesome.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE