turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tight Underware

Started by Gooserbat, February 26, 2014, 04:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Is it just me or is there a certain contingency of folks around here who have suddenly gotten their panties in a wad.  I've noticed a bit of hostility over the  past few days and I might add it's mostly with folks with a low post count.  Now everyone whose been on here a while had 134 post once up on a time and OG has always shown a warm welcome to new folks ( I was shown the up most warmth and compassion much like grandma's house) but some of you need to dig the drawers out your crack.  Who cares if longbeards aren't your load since 99.9% of hunters have never killed a turkey with one yet, or if your idea of a perfect pattern is different, or your way of hunting is"old school" and thus appropriate...

Maybe some of you need to go out side and blow off some steam but please don't pattern any longbeards. 

I've just never thought OG was about the bickering and petty arguments that are found on other forums and I don't want to see it started here. 

Now, Shannon if you don't like this your more than welcome to pull it down.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jakesdad

Totally agree.Ive left other forums because of the "holier than thou" attitude people get.OG has always been helpful with just about anything i've asked,and not to sound like i'm better than anyone,but frankly if newbies want to come aboard and start crap I dont want them here.

Its not my forum to make this decision but I know I'm not the only member who is sick of the kindegarten type bickering over things,for the most part,that dont really matter.If your way is legal and you are happy with it then DO IT!But dont knock my ways or tell me I need this or that to be successful.

Thanks for bringing this up Gooserbat

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Deputy 14

Agreed, this is about the only forum that I'm on that you don't have to deal with d***heads. Kinda nice to be able to read posts without someone or something they're doing getting bashed.

old goat

the Ward

TnTurk

Gooser, you just said what most of the rest of us was already thinking.   :thanks:

TN Beard Buster

Thanks Gooser. The comaradirie I've experienced here is why I've stayed. I've met some really great people who I'm proud to call my friends now. Let's work to keep this site clean and share our knowledge and allow positive vibes to excel.

bamagtrdude

I just joined a few days ago, and agree - man, it's been a little testy on a few threads...  I surely hope I haven't caused anybody to get upset; I really appreciate everybody's feedback to my questions, and I hope I've been able to contribute in my short time on here w/some of my responses (w/out hacking anybody off)...

And if I have offended anybody on here, I sincerely apologize for that.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

slamman

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: I couldn't have said it better myself thank You Gooser

guesswho

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 26, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Is it just me or is there a certain contingency of folks around here who have suddenly gotten their panties in a wad.  some of you need to dig the drawers out your crack.

Whew!  I thought you were talking about me, then I read the above comments and figured since I go commando you couldn't be talking about me.

Good post though.  Sometimes the wheel needs to be turned back toward the center just a tad.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

2eagles

As a new guy here, I would like to say, there's nothing wrong with a different point of view.  But, let's be polite about it.  My dad taught me years ago I should learn how to tell someone to "go to He//" in a way that they would be happy to make the trip. 

wvnut3

tomstopper

Quote from: guesswho on February 26, 2014, 08:14:32 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on February 26, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Is it just me or is there a certain contingency of folks around here who have suddenly gotten their panties in a wad.  some of you need to dig the drawers out your crack.

Whew!  I thought you were talking about me, then I read the above comments and figured since I go commando you couldn't be talking about me.

Good post though.  Sometimes the wheel needs to be turned back toward the center just a tad.
To much info Guesswho...... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

OG is a great place to be and Shannon has always done a good job weeding out the knuckle heads (perfect example was Frankinlaurels back when Obumer was running for Pres the 2nd term and rubbed everyone the wrong way).  We all have our own techniques, preferences, opinions, etc. The number one rule is to just be nice and treat everyone equally and with respect..... God Bless.....

arkrem870

Folks are getting uptight with season getting close.......
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS