turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Video Cams Used To Film Hunts - Recommendations Pls

Started by bamagtrdude, February 26, 2014, 11:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaGobblers

I still just use a sony handy cam on a tripod with a little camo tap on it to break it up.

ericjames

I will be using the playsport this year. I have the playsport and gopro HD hero2 that I have been using for a little while. Not for hunting but for an ATV riding group I am in. The playsport takes 1080p but I never use it, I film in 720  60fps on the videos I've been doing. The gopro is 1080 both do great videos. I just think the playsport will do better for hunting because of the zoom. I will post my YouTube on here for anyone that wants to see the video quality. I also have a handycam with camo I already put on it, not sure if I will use it yet.

ericjames

Make sure the setting is on 720. I am sure you know how youtube sets the video quality for your internet speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53jQAW_74lI&feature=share&list=UUPnHuNGdD6jEtAqlLkUrMtQ&index=3

bamagtrdude

Yes, I'm liking what I'm seeing out of this PlaySport mini-camcorder!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

VaGobbler

I got a Rhino LidCam 720 for Christmas.  I used it the last two weeks of deer season here and got some pretty awesome footage.  They've come out with a 1080p model as well.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: tomtriage on February 27, 2014, 06:27:11 PM
Type in Google " jordan Barnes hunting teaser" a video from Vimeo should come up. That footage was shot with a canon hf m40.

Holy &$*! - I put my headphones on to watch your video (they're noise canceling) & forgot that the volume level was up & nearly blew my deg'gum hearing out - *SON*!!!!  *KAA-BLAM*!!!!  hahaha...  :)

Awesome footage, tho - y'all are making the FEATHERS FLY!!!
---

bamagtrdude

Well, a quick update - "cheaped" out & got the Kodak PlaySport Zx5 last night off eBay for $100; that'll "work" for now to capture the hunt experience...

Thx for all the tips & suggestions, guys; I appreciate it!
BGD
---

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/