OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scouting on the Horse Ranch

Started by TRKYHTR, February 25, 2014, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Today I went to the horse ranch before work. Most of the turkeys flew down at 6:04. That is very dark. They were all down by 6:30. I had seen this group of birds near a big oak tree at around 8:00 am the other morning so I decided to set up near there. What ensued was about 100 turkeys with 15 yards of me at one point. They were so close that I couldn't move the camera. They saw me but didn't spook. They were more inquisitive and anything. Hope you enjoy my morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g00Wg68Rfc
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TNTOM

I know where I would be sitting 3/29 at 6:25 AM.

captin_hook

Some nice gobblers in there Joe. I gotta get to Cali to hunt sometime!

bamagtrdude

Man - turkey heaven!!!  Looks like you'll be having a great year!!   :angel9:
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

hotrod3h

Impressive. Very Impressive! What more can be said.

Joe... A few observations if I may. Impressive flock size is this winter flock where birds all bunched up or is this normal size ? It appears there are some big I mean big hens. I don't remember them being that big. Obviously some good gobblers there but impressive is more than a few Jake's for next year and beyond. I see from vehicles they don't mind putting on a show for everyone! Hopefully there aren't many bobcats or mountain lions around cause that roost seems a prime area to hang out. I'm jealous. Plus it looks warm there I'd love some of that good weather around here!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

AUDoubleBeard

stringtown

I'm jealous as heck. Not sure what the limit is out there but you should be done pretty quick.

northms

That's crazy how close to town those birds seem to be.  There's a neighborhood in the background and school buses and cars just riding by.

tomstopper

Nice group of birds you got there. Good luck this season....

RutnNStrutn

Scouting? Looks like you've got that flock pretty well patterned!! I'd wish you luck, but if you're hunting there, you won't need it. :lol:
Any chance of there being that many birds on the WMA I'll be hunting in on the Cali opener? ;) ;D

TRKYHTR

Quote from: northms on February 27, 2014, 05:47:47 PM
That's crazy how close to town those birds seem to be.  There's a neighborhood in the background and school buses and cars just riding by.

No neighborhood nearby. The house in the background is about 400 yards away or so. The cars are on a small Hwy. The closest town is about 12 miles away. This road is the only way to get anywhere. Thats why there are so many cars driving by.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Jay

Love those videos of yours. That is a sight I Don't get to see in the areas I hunt.