turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm just tired

Started by allaboutshooting, February 25, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

I don't know if it's the weather, the very long and cold winter, because I've had a bunch of birthdays or what it is but I'm just tired.

This seems like the longest winter of my life. It's been cold and we've had more snow, ice, freezing rain and sleet than any time I remember.

Doris, despite her recent injuries, makes some great meals and all is really well here but I'm just tired.

Is this season really bothering anyone else?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ads1

Hope you get perked up and get your strength back real soon. Looks like we have a few more days of winter and then it will get better. Hang in there Clark. This weather is hard on all of us. Thank goodness we can get on the forums and talk with our turkey friends.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

Old Gobbler

I get that way about dec 25 , working for ups , and putting in heavy hours wears me straight out -- this year I was smart and scheduled the week after Xmas to rest up - I'm burned out with the Xmas bs , my route is in a mall , this year I thought I was going to body slam the old biker they had dressed up as Santa !  I was edgy

Clark you need to schedule yourself a carnival cruse for you and Doris , take the week off, lay in sun , drink some drinks, eat food and have a good time - come back home ,  well rested and cleaned out of cash ....lol
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

beagler

First and foremost glad to hear Doris is recovering! Winter certainly has been dragging, especially here in Northeast Pa. We've had so much snow here we've been unable to run hounds on coyote the past three weekends. That usually keeps me busy. The temps have been brutally cold as well. My propane bill for one month was $770  :'(. Seems like my furnace runs nonstop.
Never Misses

jakesdad

Yes.......very,very tired.This is the slower time of year for my job and the last 3 months have taken 6 years to go by.I really can't believe i'm saying this but I can't wait until I have to mow the yard!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Deputy 14

I'm with you Mr. Bush. It seems like this winter and it's terrible weather has been dragging on for 6 months. But it will be turkey season soon, that will fix us all.

surehuntsalot

I have to agree with all of you,this has been one long winter it seems,ready for some sunshine,trees blooming,and birds gobbling.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chatterbox

Clark,

I am right there with you my friend. This winter has been the coldest and hardest I can remember, and I cannot wait for it to end!
I agree with another poster. I am glad to hear Doris is better!

Mike

Matt81302

I was with you up until the past couple weeks. Here in my neck of the woods, upstate SC, it has been in the 60's with a few days in the 70's. It's got me ready to hit the woods. Up until then though, it has been pretty rough.

renegade19

Clark, I've lived in SI for the last 11 years and I've never been this bummed with a winter.  It's not just you.  I guess, the cold is better than last week's tornados and the lakes have thawed for the most part.  Sure wish it would warm up though.

redarrow

Wasn't there a movie,poem,book or something called, The Winter Of My Discontent.I think this is mine. I just try to count my blessings ,thank the Lord,and look forward to getting back to the woods.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 25, 2014, 07:10:20 PM
I don't know if it's the weather, the very long and cold winter, because I've had a bunch of birthdays or what it is but I'm just tired.

This seems like the longest winter of my life. It's been cold and we've had more snow, ice, freezing rain and sleet than any time I remember.

Doris, despite her recent injuries, makes some great meals and all is really well here but I'm just tired.

Is this season really bothering anyone else?

Thanks,
Clark

Hate your felling down Clark!!  This weather can get you down quick....its got me pretty bad.  I agree with you its been a long snowy cold winter!  I can't wait to feel that spring sun on my face and hear the spring woods waking back up!  Pray you feel better buddy!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

tomstopper

Clark your not alone. I feel just like you. I am so ready for spring. This is the coldest winter that I remember for a long time. Hang in there and try to rest if possible. I am glad Doris is doing well. God Bless....

Eric Gregg

Definitley not alone Clark,
It has gotten ridiculous how much cold weather we have had. I am looking forward to finally getting in some much needed outdoors time next weekend when I get to shoot in my first 3-D tournament of the season.
We got some buds coming out on the trees but the forecast for tomorrow is twenty degrees for the low and highs in the mid 30's.  :character0029:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

It has been a phenomenal fall and winter.  I've been grateful for the weather and the unbelievable hunting we experienced because of it.

Deer season was a grind but we put some very big deer on the ground, waterfowl season was insane with the migration amplified by the frigid weather, and turkey season is only a few weeks away.