OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scouted in NW WI this moring

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 13, 2011, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I went to a farm where I bowhunt and bear bait and always see birds.  I have never turkey hunted there but the farmer said I could any time so I went for a walk and found a lot of tracks and even heard a gobble on the neighbors land.  After that I talked to the farmer and he said they are coming up the the bunk silo and feeding there every afternoon and that there were some toms in the group.  We have three weeks before the learn to hunt so I put a camera on a trail.  I hope I can get them figured out for the kid.  We are going to hit 50 this week so that will knock some of the snow down.

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

scoot12

mnturkey

Where in WI (not GPS cooridnates) near what town.
I turkey hunt in Polk County/St. Croix County and was just wondering
SEMPER FI

wisconsinteacher

Timmer

I drove 2 hours to SE Mn, right across the river from Wi yesterday.  Saw quite a few birds on the high points of fields where the snow had blown thin and melted in the sun.   The deer where even more incredible.  We saw 15-30+ at a time.  Good to see them as it had to be a tough winter, and I think the amount of animals we saw congregating in the patchy areas where the snow had melted were a testament to that.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!