Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H&R Pardner 20 Gauge - Worth customizing to a turkey gun?

Started by MikeStaten, February 25, 2014, 09:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeStaten

I've got a 20 gauge pardner single shot with modified barrel that I don't use.  Was considering sending it out and getting a turkey choke added and adding either sights or a scope to it.  Has anyone done this?  If so, how were the results?  It seems like it would make a nice and easy carrying gun. 

FullChoke

It will cost you to have the barrel tapped for a choke tube and the choke tube, drill and tapped for the sight, the price of the mounting rail and the sight. If you want to camouflage it, there is that cost. Throw in a sling and mounts and 20 gauge shells.

What you will wind up with is a custom piece of epic equipment and the source of obituaries for gobblers everywhere it is pointed.

Worth it? Every single penny of it.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

MikeStaten

turkeyhunter91

William at sumtoy, he just did a rossi 20ga barrel for me, I had him put a scope rail on It, and thread it for a choke and build a turkey choke for it.

FullChoke

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on February 25, 2014, 12:16:09 PM
William at sumtoy, he just did a rossi 20ga barrel for me, I had him put a scope rail on It, and thread it for a choke and build a turkey choke for it.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mnbeardbuster

Started with a youth gun with full choke.  Added synthetic stock and forend, drilled and tapped with a Simmons red dot on a Warne base and a Pure Gold .555 choke.

firedup

Starting with exactly that gun. I cut barrel off to 18.5".  Added tactical stock and forearm. Machined for Invector choke.  I welded on metal ramps (made from old gun sites) to attach fully adjustable fiber optic sites. Home spray paint camo.  Popped in a Pure Gold choke and loaded her up with Hevishot #7.  A little over 4 lbs of turkey killing joy.  Carry it all day and not worry abit about a 40 yd shot. It wasn't exactly cheap but it was money well, well spent IMO. I love the little gun. It's name??  "LITTLE MAN"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

albrubacker

Quote from: firedup on February 27, 2014, 08:35:14 PM
Starting with exactly that gun. I cut barrel off to 18.5".  Added tactical stock and forearm. Machined for Invector choke.  I welded on metal ramps (made from old gun sites) to attach fully adjustable fiber optic sites. Home spray paint camo.  Popped in a Pure Gold choke and loaded her up with Hevishot #7.  A little over 4 lbs of turkey killing joy.  Carry it all day and not worry abit about a 40 yd shot. It wasn't exactly cheap but it was money well, well spent IMO. I love the little gun. It's name??  "LITTLE MAN"
That is a sweet little rig!

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

headbuster

Give William a call at sumtoy! I sent him my pawn shop special last year, a NEF 20. He put a choke in it and I'm shooting HW 7's. Love that little gun! Killed a bird last year at 47 steps! I'm getting 180's in the 10 at 40.