only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It warms my heart

Started by CASH, February 25, 2014, 01:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chcltlabz

Quote from: westtennhunter on February 26, 2014, 01:39:37 AM
Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on February 25, 2014, 01:42:34 PM
Have you ever opened a jar of chrunchy JIF and seperated the crunchy pieces from the smooth? They are all different sizes. It seems there is no standard size for the crunchy pieces. Don't even count them and compare the numbers to another jar of crunchy JIF.    :help:

And they SAY that it is made from Georgia peanuts and used to be when it was in the original white jar.  Now they've switched over to using Texas Peanuts, and never told anyone.

I even found a jar of the original JIF on the shelf at a local grocery store.  I'm holding on to it, and only eating a spoonful of it at a time for special occasions.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

L.F. Cox

Quote from: CASH on February 25, 2014, 01:35:12 AM
To see folks arguing about a stupid shotgun shell that nobody has killed a turkey with yet.

That is all

What you expect from a bunch of hole counters.... :OGturkeyhead:

What happened to the day of shooting a shotgun and common sense telling you it was a good pattern just from looking at it ?

I'll tell you "what"....some out'e door writer that probably only killed a turkey or two told the world we needed to count holes in paper.

(this coming from a converted hole counter)

chatterbox

I agree with all that has been said,
I am sure this is a great shell, and many birds will meet their end by it.
Pattern your gun, and use the shell you want- be it Hevi, Winchester, Federal, Hornaday, Remington, etc. It doesn't mean a thing to me what you use. Use a blowgun if it's legal.
This arguing and bickering is senseless and stupid. On May 3rd, I am gonna take my shotgun out, and hunt some birds and you know what the best part will be? I won't be digging through 3 feet of snow to do it!!!! How about we enjoy turkey season for what it's supposed to be. FUN! I love listening to that loudmouth on the limb, and figuring out how I am going to shorten his life span!
The round I have chambered I know will kill a turkey at the range I will shoot him, and that is good enough for me. Would someone else think so? Some might, and some might not. That's not the point, because they are not shooting MY gun. I am. Opinions are like noses-everybody has one, and that is fine. The problem comes when opinions turn to telling someone if you don't do things the way I do, you're an idiot-may not be said, but I have seen enough posts on here where it doesn't take much reading between the lines to see it, and that is just not needed.
There is a wealth of good info on here, and we as turkey hunters can learn a lot from each other.
Here is my personal stand on the Longbeards. I have no issue with the shell, but I have a HUGE issue with the marketing campaign behind it. I have always stated that, and will not deviate it. I feel Winchester has made a blunder in trying to prove this is a 70 plus yard shell, and that is just plain wrong and unethical. My biggest fear are the numbers of birds that will be crippled by stupid shots and I am sorry. That really bothers me.
For the record, I am a smooth PB fan.

Woodsman4God

I have to agree with Chatterboxes post, The whole arguement is really apples and oranges. Those shells will be great for some and not so much for others. The problem is winchester is trying to keep up with the jones when it comes to marketing longer range patterns and effectiveness ie same debate with hevi shot blends and 75 yard killers. I find it sad that we have to re hatch this mess again. Use it first and see how it works, then post about pros and cons but quit telling me how to do it.

Personally I really want to try this shell but not because of the marketing and so I will when the time comes I just want a good enough pattern at 40 yards to bust a bird,I am very curious what the pattern looks like at say 5-10 yards also with the way the are packing the shot how tight is that pattern? if it can put good #'s up at forty and not be the size of a ping pong ball at 10 then for $25 for a  10 shot box I will be happy.

tomstopper

Very well written except for the smooth PB part. I prefer crunchy... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

chatterbox

Quote from: tomstopper on March 01, 2014, 07:43:41 AM
Very well written except for the smooth PB part. I prefer crunchy... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
lmao! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Touche'!

Rokhal07

I wish they made a jar of the reeces cup peanut butter. Does anybody agree??

BowBendr

What about Goober-Grape ? The PB that's got the jelly already in it...loved that stuff as a kid.... :emoticon-animal-005:

You don't have your choice of crunchy or smooth though....bummer......

mwr

Crrrrrunnnnncchhhhhyyyy!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

chatterbox

Quote from: mwr on March 02, 2014, 02:03:48 AM
Crrrrrunnnnncchhhhhyyyy!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Unless you are eating smooth PB like me, you are all wrong!!!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

cahaba

I was going to order some shells via internet the other day. The shipping and insurance was like $24.00. I said to heck with that and if I run out of my favorite shell I got plenty of #6 Winchester HVs that have did the job for years.

chatterbox

Quote from: BowBendr on March 01, 2014, 10:12:33 PM
What about Goober-Grape ? The PB that's got the jelly already in it...loved that stuff as a kid.... :emoticon-animal-005:

You don't have your choice of crunchy or smooth though....bummer......
Good stuff right there!!!!! Works for me as I only like smooth.
However, my statement makes me hypocritical. I eat smooth PB, but shoot lumpy HTL. Go figure...... :toothy12:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just now got around to reading this post.  I can tell I don't get around on the internet like I used to.  Klemsontiger was like a stubborn mule a lot of the times.  There is no convincing someone that can't or won't see others point of view and thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. 

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: Rokhal07 on March 01, 2014, 07:00:15 PM
I wish they made a jar of the reeces cup peanut butter. Does anybody agree??
http://www.hersheysstore.com/product/13944 Could the long search of perfect penut be over?

CT Spur Collector

I like smooth and my wife likes crunchy.........we buy both.

Imagine that?