turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It warms my heart

Started by CASH, February 25, 2014, 01:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

To see folks arguing about a stupid shotgun shell that nobody has killed a turkey with yet.

That is all
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

captin_hook

Old Gobbler

We could always just argue about the "Dixie Chicks"

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bamagtrdude

:z-winnersmiley:

Ya, I'm getting a kick out of the ultra-OCD being demonstrated on some of these shell & patterning posts...  Heck, "back in the day", if we hit a deg'gum beer can @ 100 yards with a rifle, we thought we were doing pretty good!!!  Never "patterned" a shotgun with a piece of paper - I honestly didn't even know what that term MEANT until I started turkey hunting!!  hahaha...

Oh well, I just want to kill the bird, not obliterate it ...  But, to your exact point, you've got to GET THE BIRD  into gun range to shoot it...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

chcltlabz

Next they'll be saying these new shells are as cool as Chuck Norris :emoticon-animal-005:
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

jakesdad

I thought the resin holding the shot was made from Chuck Norris' blood :z-guntootsmiley:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

klemsontigers7

Quote from: CASH on February 25, 2014, 01:35:12 AM
To see folks arguing about a stupid shotgun shell that nobody has killed a turkey with yet.

That is all

Not trying to continue the argument, but a lot of people have killed turkeys with them... haha

CASH

Quote from: klemsontigers7 on February 25, 2014, 08:22:43 AM

That is all

Not trying to continue the argument, but a lot of people have killed turkeys with them... haha

Yeah, I've noticed you always have to have the last word and prove others wrong.

Show me the pics of gobblers killed with Longbeards

Old Gobbler

That is all

it sure sounds like your trying to continue the argument ---

Do yourself a favor , give it a rest

-Shannon

klemsontigers7

Quote from: CASH on February 25, 2014, 08:42:56 AM

That is all

Yeah, I've noticed you always have to have the last word and prove others wrong.

Show me the pics of gobblers killed with Longbeards

PM sent

klemsontigers7

CASH

Yep, that's a dead turkey. Doesn't show where it was killed with longbeards though.

The magazine article does that you PM'd me, but this pic doesn't.

Anyway, thanks for proving my point about going overboard to have the last word and prove folks wrong.

I'm not going to keep arguing with you, you posted a couple dead birds, so good on you. But the point of this original thread was not that this shell won't or can't kill a gobbler. It's the fact that a few of you have been incessantly arguing about the weights, sizes, and energy of these shells versus such and such she'll. It has gotten old very fast.

Since I can admit when I'm wrong, I'll amend my statement that no gobblers have been killed with this shell yet. No members on this forum have killed a gobbler with those shells to the best of my knowledge. Happy?

klemsontigers7

Quote from: CASH on February 25, 2014, 09:21:57 AM
Yep, that's a dead turkey. Doesn't show where it was killed with longbeards though.

Anyway, thanks for proving my point about going overboard to have the last word and prove folks wrong.

I'm not going to keep arguing with you, you posted a couple dead birds, so good on you. But the point of this original thread was not that this shell won't or can't kill a gobbler. It's the fact that a few of you have been incessantly arguing about the weights, sizes, and energy of these shells versus such and such she'll. It has gotten old very fast.

Since I can admit when I'm wrong, I'll amend my statement that no gobblers have been killed with this shell yet. No members on this forum have killed a gobbler with those shells to the best of my knowledge. Happy?

Thanks.  Article posted since you doubted it.  See amended post above.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: klemsontigers7 on February 25, 2014, 09:25:12 AM
Quote from: CASH on February 25, 2014, 09:21:57 AM

Thanks.  Article posted since you doubted it.  See amended post above.
I don't think your getting the point of view ,   Your looking at it from your perspective .... Try looking at it from a administrators point of view , we have to take into account the publics perception , and what is good for the general well being of the site

1) nobody doubts the effectiveness of the product , the season is not open yet , and it has not been available to the general public -there were quite a few loaded prototypes of this product distributed to editors and choke builders going as far as jan 2013 from what I hear , and my hearing is pretty darn good ......you would be surprised ..... , there is more but that's nobody's business

2) it's a good product , it may be the best lead turkey load ever made ... I put may in there ' because just cause something  is best don't mean it's right for you or anyone -  Peter Pan makes the best peanut butter in the world , don't mean that everyone should use , or that you should argue with them publicly on the smoothness and creaminess of it publicly on the forum , people can make up their own minds , they are individuals

3) I am certain that scores of turkeys will meet their end with this fine product , it's good stuff ....I said it , enough already..... stop with the koolaid ,

4) I am certain that scores of folks,will squeeze off a round at a gobbler at 60 plus yards , will every one of those gobblers die? Will the Miami dolphins get in the playoffs this year?  This any many other ,of lifes mysteries we will never know , or want to hear about publicly on the form -

5) people are complaining about the arguing .....publicly ...... Stop arguing ASAP , give it a rest , even on a thread complaining about the arguing , YOU have to come in and argue ?

6) we are getting complaints from long standing members from the arguing via pm's

7) we are getting complaints from long standing members about YOU klemsontigers.....

-Shannon