OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"End of the Line": Trapping pics from this past season

Started by longbeard11, February 24, 2014, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Alright guys, trapping season is finally coming to an end and it was a real grind for us at GGG Outdoors.  We love to get out there and set some traps for predators to help keep a good balance on the properties that we manage and hunt on.  We also trap several farms for farmers that want to keep predator numbers down for their livestock to stay safe as well as their pets.  I myself was new to trapping and had some really great teachers along the way with Chris and his dad and some of my other good buddies who are accomplished trappers.  I was unable to catch anything this year due to some crazy weather conditions but I came close a few times missing catches due to frozen traps several times.  I learned alot and had a whole lot of fun being in the outdoors and enjoying God's creation he made for us!

As most of you probably already know from watching some of the videos Chris and his dad and some of the other guys tore it up this year catching all kinds of critters.  We were very blessed with a great trapping season catching alot of great prime fur and making some great memories.  Just wanted to share some pics with you of some of the feature catches we had this past season and also show you a couple of pics of why we do this. We found a dead turkey one day and a dead deer on another that were both taken down by predators.  Chris and his dad managed to catch 25 coons, 12 red foxes, 1 grey fox, 6 coyotes, 26 muskrats, 4 beavers, 3 skunks, 39 opposums, 2 huge otters, and 3 bobcats this past season.  Like I said, the good Lord truly blessed us this year and we are very thankful for that!! Hope you guys will enjoy some of these pics.

strutnva

tomstopper

Tommy Strutsalot

Deputy 14

Very nice. You did a lot better than me. Would love to snag an otter.

Hognutz

Great pictures..Looks like you had a successful season..
Where are you located??
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

captin_hook

Great pics. That's a great season. That'll help the turkey population. :icon_thumright:

longbeard11

The otters were definitely a great bonus!

We are located in central WV. Kanawha, Braxton, and Roane county. It was definitely a blessed season!

MouthCaller

Sweet! One of those in the middle looks like a wolf to me or is it just a huge yote?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

longbeard11

No it's just a big yote. Weighed 48 pounds. We have a hybrid strain of coytes here that are bigger than most other coyotes, they have some wolf in them

Deputy 14

Dang man send me some otters to Boone County. Hahaha

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

longbeard11

Deputy, you definitely dont want otters!! Be thankful you arent dealing with them if you dont have any. They are an absolute aweful animal to have around.  They will completely whipe out a river or small stream quick in areas.  Eat every fish in there then move on.  The less of those things we have the better.