turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I believe Spring has

Started by OLE RASPY, March 13, 2011, 10:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

SPRUNG,here anyways.The trees are budding out and the freakin grass is growing.I hate grass growing cause that means i will spend all summer mowing and weedeating (time for roundup). There was a guy mowing yesterday when i passed by his house scouting for turkey.This also means the BIRDS ARE GOBBLING AND STRUTTING. :happy0064:

VAHUNTER

suppose to be 77 degrees here today. i have a ritual every spring. the grass does not get mowed until i have a gobbler down. hopefully i will not need a brush hog this year
Good things come to those who wait

OLE RASPY

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 13, 2011, 10:28:54 AM
suppose to be 77 degrees here today. i have a ritual every spring. the grass does not get mowed until i have a gobbler down. hopefully i will not need a brush hog this year
My yard got out of hand last year. :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

18 inches of snow on the ground here.. Spring hasnt even begun to sprung

paintbrush

Not up here where I live. We might get a high of 30 or so today. Haven't seen nothing but snow on the ground since the middle of November. This is getting old!!

dirtnap

I don't cut the grass until the season is over.  It is suppose to be 77 here today.  Pollen on the truck, gnats biting, trees budding out, etc.  Turkeys are gobbling here.  Our season starts in 2 days.  They are still bunched up.

hookedspur

I believe Spring has skipped us this year.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jay

22 degrees with a wind chill that is a killer >:(

FttFttVroom!

Pear trees and redbuds have begun to bloom here...the grass is starting to green up finally.  Now we just need to get it warmed up temp-wise and it'll be all good!

archery1

50 degrees here. birds are not active yet. cant wait though. have my gun all dialed in.
Take a kid hunting

njdevilsb

We've lost the majority of our snow and the temperatures are at least above freezing almost every day now.  Supposed to have a heat wave of 50 degrees on Thursday.

bowhunter84

its looking like spring here. had to do some yard work today

FireDoc

Nice! At least it is happening somewhere!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

turkey slayer

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 13, 2011, 10:31:27 AM
18 inches of snow on the ground here.. Spring hasnt even begun to sprung
its in the 80's all week here!

Odessa

Mid 70's here today, broke out the shorts this weekend, real nice (and no yellow pine pollen yet either).
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge