OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven Vision

Started by siyakadog, March 13, 2011, 10:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siyakadog

Anyone have a Woodhaven Vision series call?  I was just wondering what made them worth $100 

neal

I have one, and it sounds pretty awesome.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

drum817

Quote from: siyakadog on March 13, 2011, 10:19:12 AM
I was just wondering what made them worth $100 

NOTHING makes that call worth $100 in my opinion (and I have run three different ones).  If you are looking specifically for "anodized" aluminum...then you should call Wendell at Lights out calls....his anodized aluminum call sounds FANTASTIC and is less than half the price. 
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

gobbler336

hmmmm what makes a call worth a $100?   

i have had the vision aluminum since it came out and just added the vision crystal, the crystal is a bit higher ptich than i like but i'm gonna let the birds decide because it has a lot of life in the call.   i strongly disagree with drum, infact i have tried both and my feelings were the exact opposite. 

what those calls can do is still make a good yelp but allow you to tone them down real soft, that is a hard quality to find in a friction call.  but do you have to have a $100 dollar call to kill turkeys No,  i still kill plenty with a $10 slate made locally.  but i like them and have confidence in them.

but niether will be the  first call out of my vest come opening morning.

drum817

Quote from: gobbler336 on March 13, 2011, 04:38:58 PM
   i strongly disagree with drum, infact i have tried both and my feelings were the exact opposite. 

I respect your opinion....It can also be the difference in the individual caller, the technique of each caller and the sound that each hunter has in his head.  The anodized call I have from Wendell will also play very very softly....it is definitely not a one trick pony
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

siyakadog

I wish I could try one somewhere, I would like to know the difference between my Lights Out aluminum and a Vision. 
Thanks for everyones input.

neal

I'll say this about it, if I didn't compete in competitions I don't know if I would own one but let me tell you in a competition it scores very well, I'll never tell anyone they need to have a certain call or any item you know your budget, if you can afford one then get one you won't be disappointed. As a side note purpleheart runs awesome on it!!

Good luck with what ever you decide!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.