OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Graphics Bottomland

Started by Borden811, February 23, 2014, 11:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Last month I picked up a "broken" browning gold 3.5 as a project gun. I took it completely apart, peeled off the previous waterfowl graphics kit, cleaned it like it had never been cleaned before, and it appears to work perfectly. I added a new mossy oak graphics kit in bottomland, and some truglo magnum pro series sights. She's got a Bansner truglo tube in her, and I picked up some 3.5 inch #6 longbeards to run through her. All I need now is some decent weather to pattern!

After cleaning, before the bottomland:

After the bottomland:

the Ward

Came out great! After seeing this and O.G.s' post with his sp10 has got me itching to try one.

Borden811

His looks fantastic as well. The only thing we did different was the rib. I left mine black, and just ran the camo up to where the rib and barrel meet. He camod his rib as well, and it looks better than mine. For 25 bucks, and a couple hours worth of time, I can't really complain though.

the Ward

Definitely can't beat it for the price .And the results speak for themselves! I have a newly acquired bps 10 that I've been messing with and I have been contemplating painting or dipping it.The finish is actually pretty good on most of the gun, just slight wear on the sharp edges of the receiver and faded synthetic stocks. I like this option the best so far though, thanks for sharing the info and pix!

gwa

Borden811

I thought it was pretty easy. It's adhesive backed, but you can move it around a lot until you get it positioned just right. Then just press it on firmly keeping an eye out for air bubbles. Hit it with a heat gun around the spots where you need it to conform to the curves, and trim off the excess. Then you just need to trim around the loading/ejection ports, trigger group retention pins, sling stud holes, etc. A very sharp exacto knife is key for making clean cuts, but a razor blade would probably work also. Then when I was all finished I went over the whole gun with the heat gun and pressed it all down again, just to ensure a good bond with the adhesive.

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

WildSpur

That looks really good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

jdavenp3

I appreciate you posting this. This is definitely the route I am going. Same Bottomland camo and everything. Looks awesome.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

DirtNap647

SCTrky10

That turned out great! Looks Good!

Gobble!

How durable is this stuff supposed to be and does anyone have a link for it? Been wanting to get my gun dipped in bottomland but this may not be a bad option.

tomstopper

Borden811

It seems very durable. Has a 5 year warranty. Just google mossy oak graphics kit. You'll get all the info you need.