OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LTL?

Started by guesswho, February 22, 2014, 06:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

A lot of you have seen some of my more successful inventions.  Badonkadeke, Moho's, The Key To Success etc. 

I think I need to come up with a shell that goes hand in hand with these innovative products.  So I'm pursuing LTL, Lighter Than Lead.  This will give extremely high pellet counts at closer distances.   I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-550 pellets of #6's in a ten inch circle at 25 yards, which would be about the maximum effective range .    You could put your decoy's right beside your blind, no need to walk 66 yards.  Or better yet just paint decoy's on the side of your blind.     I might send a couple of my first shells to a couple tv turkey hunting brothers to try.    This could be a game changer! :you_rock:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Skeeterbait

Uh... I think they already did that.  They called it "steel".  :funnyturkey:

FireDoc

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Rapscallion Vermilion

How about WTLT (way lighter than lead)?   This stuff really works!  I like the Cajun flavor myself.  So far I haven't killed anything past about 5 yards though.

http://www.seasonshot.com/

guesswho

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on February 22, 2014, 07:10:53 PM
How about WTLT (way lighter than lead)?   This stuff really works!  I like the Cajun flavor myself.  So far I haven't killed anything past about 5 yards though.

http://www.seasonshot.com/
Well, there goes phase two of my marketing stra-tegerie :(
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

THattaway

Old news. Rock salt. Shootem and they are already cured by the time you get home.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

FullChoke

Oh man, am I embarrassed! I thought LTL was an acronym for Light in The Loafers.  :z-flirtysmile3:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Deputy 14

the Ward

Sounds like a great idea! If i don't use a blind do you think it would be acceptable to paint decoys on my shirt?

guesswho

Absolutely.   Especially if we could get everyone converted over to the TLT loads.  I may have to do some penetration tests on the rock salt.  I was originally thinking something like aluminum, but I have a hard time pronouncing it which could make for some embarrassing commercials.  Rock Salt I can say. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

the Ward

:TooFunny:  Maybe use play dough for the penetration tests. It's safe and fun for the whole family! I also read somewhere on here it also makes for an excellent camo coating on shotguns, so it can be recycled after the penetration testing. Go Green!

THattaway

If you got high blood pressure you could substitute rock candy.

Just pick your flavor. I'm gonna start working up a Cajun mix right now.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

RutnNStrutn

You guys are all behind the curve. My buddy and I are on the cutting edge of new turkey hunting techniques. Here's what we've been doing quite successfully!! ;D

the Ward

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:       I like it! You know after seeing this,I've been thinking, since Obama said he liked skeet shooting I bet he would love turkey hunting!

eman375

That's some crazy stuff right there!  Everyone must be suffering from cabin fever...