OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pretty Boy Junior semi-strutting jake decoy ?

Started by owlhoot, February 21, 2014, 10:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Does anybody have any comments, reviews on this decoy?

stinkpickle

I bought one on sale a couple of years ago, and I'm still using it.

Pros:
- realistic (enough)
- inexpensive
- lightweight
- hollow body, so you can stuff a hen decoy inside of it to carry around

Cons:
- head/neck has too much white (I touched mine up with red paint)
- adjustable beard is a pain (I removed it)
- spins too easily in the wind (I use an extra stake to keep it from spinning)

Tom Dooley

I haven't had a chance to use mine much but I really like it. I think it's hard to beat for the price. My local gun shop has them for $25. I got some red and white paint at Wal-Mart this morning and touched up the head.

RutnNStrutn

2eagles

I agree.  Good decoy, but I painted the head too. I adjusted the beard to the length I liked, then reached inside and put 2 zip ties on the beard so it stays put. 

Tom Dooley

Jbird22

I, like a few others, bought one and painted the head to my liking. I'm more than happy with it for what I paid for it.

owlhoot

what kind of paint?       not much white on mine ' lots of blue.

Oh 20 bucks at Rodgers for anyone looking.

Just slightly less than a DSD  ::)

2eagles

Quote from: owlhoot on February 23, 2014, 10:20:22 AM
what kind of paint?     

I went to a hobby store and bought a little jar of flat red paint like kids use to paint plastic model cars.

Tom Dooley

I just bought a couple .99 cent cans of spray paint at Wal-Mart. Fire red and flat white. In my opinion the fire red is a little shiny. I sprayed the white out on paper and then painted it on with a small paint brush. The red I carefully sprayed it on.

gophert

Very nice decoy and very affordable.  I painted the head on mine with some red and it really helped.  I have had many a turkey molest him. 

The grass is a little high in this video, but these jakes hated him in this hunt and wouldn't leave him alone.  Had they not knocked him over, maybe we would have got the ol big boy to join in. 

http://youtu.be/k6g9RPCDcT4

ShotGunSniper

I like the Carry-Lite decoy's. I have a Pretty Boy tom, that I have not used yet. Im needing to get Pretty Girl and thought about adding afew more hen's and this Jake. Their price's ain't that bad. And at least you wont be hurt too bad, if you blast one of these decoys on accident..lol
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag