turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite vest?

Started by cutiger68, February 08, 2011, 12:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilker

I hunt ridges and mountains. Bob Dixon vest was too heavy and my Super Elite was too hot. Dug an old MO Longbeard vest out and sewed some old bottomland fabric on the straps. Its sweet and light.

Devastator

PALongspur

I have two Super Eilte III's, those vests are a joy to hunt out of.

I had several of the Bucklick Creek lounger vests that I really liked. The only problem I had with them was they wore out in a season or two! Seams coming apart, pockets tore open, etc. I still have one in Shadow Leaf that I can't bring myself to throw away, one of these days I'd like to have someone fix it up so I can use it again.

wvboy

Quote from: ground control on February 10, 2011, 10:57:50 PM
I've got a Gobblers Lounge vest. I believe it was made by a company that no longer exists, Little BigHorn. I absolutely looooove that vest. Its not the greatest on storage, but it has an internal frame that allows you to sit anywhere, comfortably. No tree necessary, no sore spots in the middle of the back. The down side is that it is a little bulky, but not bad. I like bein able to hit the ground in a split second and set up without lookin for a suitable tree. Don't know what I'm gonna do when it finally goes kaput. If anybody knows of a similar vest let me know cause I got one maybe two more seasons left on this one and then I'm either gonna find a seamstress to make one based on the frame or learn to sew. 

I believe the RedHead Bucklick Creek loungers are similar to what you are describing here..

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Bucklick-Creek-Turkey-Lounger-for-Men/product/91422/-1327829

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

ground control

THanks!  :icon_thumright: I may be looking into one of those here soon.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

turkeybow

Mossy Oak Super Elite HYBRID  :icon_thumright:
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

Hooks' n' Beards'

VA_Birdhunter

I love using my Super Elite  Hybrid Turkey Vests....I have been using it for many years and wish I could get my hands on new  one!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

tnturkey

I use an ol tom but my next one will be a cabelas. but I do like my ol tom a whole lot. just want to try something new next time I decide to get one.

Gooserbat

Tactical Tater II for this guy.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

eddie234

I have the HS SUV, fits my needs very well.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

MKMGOBL

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

longspur

I bought a couch potato when they came out I think about 15 years ago and still use it.

30_06

I still use the Max Tat'r vest.

This thread is pretty old, any of you guys change your minds on what's your favorite now?

Rokhal07

Super tatr III for east and out west i lucked out and found an ol tom w/ max1 camo that i like for wyoming and sd when i go