turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2013 Remington 870 Turkey Gun- Nitro Shells question

Started by truedouble, February 21, 2014, 05:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truedouble

I have an 870 with a .665 IC choke.  First year I shot 3" 2 oz 4x5x7's.  Last year I moved to 3.5" 2 1/4 oz. 4x5x7's...both heavy loads.  The pattern I'm getting with the 2 1/4 oz. is really good and I'm really happy with it.

However, I went today to by another box and did some reading on the newer Mega Heavy shells.  The Nitro book tells me to shoot the MH521F (3.5" 2 oz. 4x5x6x7).  I'm buying for me and a friend with the same set up so I buy what we shot last year H510H and a box of the MH521F.  I hate buying a full box without patterning but what I'm shooting now, that works, matches what Nitro says I should shoot in the Heavy load, so I'm hoping same holds true for the MH.   Any comments?  Thanks!

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Bama turkey hunter

I have a rem 870 with a rhino 660  went today and got some h510h can't wait till tommrow to see how they do
Tony

truedouble

the 510h's should pattern really  well.  No question that's the right gun/load.  I have the IC but hear the Rhino patterns well out of the 870.

As for not changing something that' already working...I agree, but if the Mega's are denser and I can get same or better pattern then it would be even better.  Worth trying at least.