OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just got my sumtoy choke in

Started by BlakeJ, February 21, 2014, 09:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

It's the 650 for my new M3500. I'm gonna pattern it Monday, should be fun.

Funky design, I didn't know they were made like that. What's the theory behind the grooves?

drum817

I'm not sure what William calls it...."I" call it straight line rifling.  He mixes a couple of different technologies into one choke..... straight line rifling & wad catchers.  In my personal opinion that's the BEST of both worlds!!!  Congrats on your new choke!  :icon_thumright:   
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Thomas6689

You won't be dissapointed they are great!

Hoosier2

I got mine in for my 870 20 ga yesterday. Cool design. I'm gonna paint it flat black so it matches barrel. But I figure why spend $$ on different chokes when every single person on here has nothing but good to say about his chokes I can't wait to pattern this little gun

762hunter

I spoke with William on Monday and ordered one for my 870 20ga. 

Cannot wait to get it in and try it out.

darn2ten

They work great. Yes, that is like straight rifling. Stops the wad and shot from spinning as it leaves the barrel, which in turn stop centrifugal force so the shot column stays tighter down range.

M22

straight line rifling could be called broaching  ???

SumToy

Quote from: M22 on February 24, 2014, 08:52:33 PM
straight line rifling could be called broaching  ???

:z-winnersmiley: it can be called both.  I post up a few pics of the OUTLAW chokes.  They have 20 steps and 32 lines.  :blob10:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Xcal1ber

You'll do good with it! William makes one hell of a choke!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

jdavenp3

Can you post up pictures of it? Never seen a Sumtoy honestly. Contemplating hard on getting one, still haven't made up my mind yet.

tomstopper

Quote from: jdavenp3 on February 24, 2014, 10:02:24 PM
Can you post up pictures of it? Never seen a Sumtoy honestly. Contemplating hard on getting one, still haven't made up my mind yet.
You wont go wrong with a choke from William. Love mine and would recommend him to anyone.....

jdavenp3

I believe Sumtoy is the choice I am going to make. Read a lot of his posts and posts of others praising his work and customer service. Supporting a local Georgian is always nice too...

Just gotta get with William and knock down some specifics.