turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

quit cold Turkey

Started by captin_hook, February 20, 2014, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Well fellas, after 19 years of chewing Copenhagen, I gave it up 2 days ago. I'm going nuts. I'm dizzy, got the shakes, can't sleep and I feel like I can't think normally. It's gonna be a long road but I'm gonna give it my best shot. Anyone else quit snuff and if so, how long am I gonna feel like I'm going nuts. Thanks.

CASH

Good luck. Wish I could give up the smokes cold turkey
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bigbird

:z-dizzy:More like a pause at this point! I chewed Kodiak wintergreen for almost 14 years and quit cold turkey, been 4 years ago this past groundhogs day! It's tough, hardest thing I've ever done! You can do it, just get some life savers or jolly ranchers. That worked for me, hang in there.

Ruger M77

Hang in there buddy it will get better
I eat therefore I hunt

tomstopper

I will say a prayer for you to have the strength to make it through. Good luck and I know you can do it.

weave

Been there man.....17 years here and quit cold turkey.  Been 8 years with not one relapse.

You can do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Drthorn

THattaway

Gave up redman and beechnut after over 25 years. Been quit 4-5 years. Easy to fall off the wagon, especially hunting and fishing. My 74 year old Father gave up chewing two years ago after 40+ years. Figure if he can do it anyone can. Just think about all the money you are gonna save for new shells, calls and guns even. Not even mentioning all the toms you won't spook because you won't get caught leaning over with your mask up spitting anymore.  :icon_thumright:
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

West Augusta

I used Skoal and Wintergreen Timberwolf for 25 years.  Been off it for about 12 now.
Stay strong.  Ice Breaker mints help.  They are strong enough to help.
You can kick it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Hognutz

I chewed Copenhagen for ten years. Some weeks I went through more than a sleeve. (10 cans). Depended on how many ball games I played and how much beer I drank. I quit cold turkey 25 years ago. It was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do. (or not do, I guess). Hang in there. It can be done. It gets easier every day.. Good luck!!

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

VA_Birdhunter

Thats a hard thing to do!!  Watched my dad try it many times!  Will be praying for you buddy!!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

slamman

hang in there I here it is darn tough to quit chewing

TnTurk

I quit dipping Grizzly wintergreen about 2 years ago. It was hard, no doubt about it. You just have to find things to keep your and your mind busy... very busy.

Good luck and God Bless, Steve

mwr

Good for you!!!  You got about 6 weeks of bad road in front of you, Don't give in!!!! You will be glad you stopped!!!  :anim_25:  :jesus-cross: :jesus-cross:

Suspect XX

Im a new guy here and do more lurking than posting. I am also 43 days into my quit. The forum quitsmokeless.org helps me greatly. You may wanna look into it. Stay strong my friend it will get easier. The worst for me was gone after 12 days or so.