OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snake Boots

Started by Tom Threetoes, February 20, 2014, 10:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Threetoes

My wife and I need some Gore Tex  snake boots for an up comming Florida hunt. Anybody have a favorite? Comfort is a must. Thanks, TT

RutnNStrutn

I've tried Rocky's and Bass Pro's knock offs of the Rocky's, and they are lightweight, comfortable and waterproof.....for somewhere between 6 months to 2 years. Then they start leaking. The Bass Pro's are a lot cheaper, but equal in performance. That's why I stuck with the Bass Pro version, until they stopped making the kind I liked. This time around I tried some Danner's. Haven't worn them in the woods yet though.

WVhuntEER

I've worn Danner Pronghorn's for the past couple of years.  They are comfortable.

CASH

I like my side zip Rockies. 5th season, no longer water proof, a little lot stinky, but still comfy.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Turkey Trot

Quote from: CASHflow on February 20, 2014, 12:02:02 PM
I like my side zip Rockies. 5th season, no longer water proof, a little lot stinky, but still comfy.

A little shot of aerosol Lysol after each trip will help with the funk.

Kiwi sells a specialized spray product in a proprietary spray container, but I'd wager money it's basically Lysol in a star trek container.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

CASH

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 20, 2014, 12:49:09 PM
Quote from: CASHflow on February 20, 2014, 12:02:02 PM

A little shot of aerosol Lysol after each trip will help with the funk.

Kiwi sells a specialized spray product in a proprietary spray container, but I'd wager money it's basically Lysol in a star trek container.

A gallon should do the trick. Lol
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

GSLAM95

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on February 20, 2014, 10:45:43 AM
My wife and I need some Gore Tex  snake boots for an up comming Florida hunt. Anybody have a favorite? Comfort is a must. Thanks, TT
You won't have them for this season as each pair is custom built and takes approximately 4 months to get but in the future I would highly recommend looking at a pair of H.B. Russel boots.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

BBR12

A good pair of leather boots and a pair of snake leggings. I wear turtle skin but there are cheaper out there if they are only for a few days.
Got tired of cold wet feet with snake boots, bought me a good pair of waterproof leather boots and leggings and I've had dry feet for about 5 yrs now.

uarobert

Four years ago I bought the Rocky side-zip boots. They were SUPER comfortable and lightweight, but like others said, the waterproofing didn't last. I bout a pair of Danner Prongs last year and they're a tad bit heavier, but very comfortable and the waterproofing has worked fine.

CASH

If you don't need them on the regular and just for one trip, I'd just get a good pair of leather hunting boots and chaps or leggings.

CT Spur Collector

Quote from: CASHflow on February 20, 2014, 02:02:12 PM
If you don't need them on the regular and just for one trip, I'd just get a good pair of leather hunting boots and chaps or leggings.

Agreed.

agturkey

I have Danners but they are not the same company they use to be...buy the Cabelas brand and if they leak...send them back!  No hassle...

bigbird

Try anything but rockys! I've had terrible luck with them!

Jbird22

Lacrosse Alpha Mudlite Snakeproof ... They're HOT but are comfortable and waterproof, which is a must for where I hunt.

mwr

Danner Pronghorns.......