Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What it takes to win

Started by reflexl, February 19, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Boys I have been looking over last years contest. Last year was an exceptional year for big birds in some of the country. We all know that we are instigating a good natured border battle between us and the bama boys. Last year they had an exceptional year. Here is their team score and average:

Total:.................674.33
Average:.............74.92555556

Most of us typicaly kill birds in the 60 to 80 range with the occaisional monster bird falling to our guns. I know some of us already have a giant bird located. Several of these birds are going to go 85+. What you have to remember is that if the Patterson bird had of been officialy scored (110) it would be the undisputed eastern typical world record. The John Waples bird which was officialy scored is #1 in TN and  #11 in the world in Atypical. All of these in our county. Well at least most of our county since most of us are from Lincoln Co. We have the big birds. We just need to get after them. I am already getting ready to beg the farmers not to spray until after oppening weekend. That gives me a good chance at Gobzilla II. If I can pull it off he is a new world record by muzzleloader. So what are our chances of winning? As Mick Dundee would say, "better than average".