News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who taught you to hunt?

Started by MouthCaller, February 18, 2014, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SS Calls

RutnNStrutn

My Dad got me into hunting when he took me to the marsh to hunt ducks. I fell in love with the sport. Later on, I taught myself how to hunt deer, squirrels, hogs and turkeys. My Dad changed my life, and gave me a passion that will be with me until the day I die.

kiltman

My dad took me hunting when we would go back to the old homestead in Alabama (70's).  I going got to do this a couple times a year but I loved every minute of it.

Crawl79

It has only been about 20 years but a friend of the family started bringing me when I was about 15 years old. He was and still is a great hunter. He taught me allot but one of the things he did was send me off on my own to learn my lessons the hard way. It took me about 4 years to get my first bird but it was worth the wait.

stinkpickle

I watched hours and hours of Buck McNeely.   ;D

El Pavo Grande

My dad.  He took my older brother and I at very early ages.  Dove, squirrel, deer, turkey, and fishing too.  It was pretty much a year round deal for us.  He taught us woodsmanship while squirrel hunting and patience while deer and turkey hunting.  From an early age I fell in love with turkey hunting.  We hunted them in the fall and spring both.  I could never repay him for the time he spent with us or for introducing us to hunting and fishing.

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

CT Spur Collector

houagie

my old man...my mom used to say "as soon as you were able to walk straight your dad would pack some diapers and a couple bottles and take you to the woods with him"...thanks dad!

surehuntsalot

my uncle taught me about deer and small game hunting
nobody turkey hunted,so I taught myself
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MDbowman

My older brother took me deer hunting first, then goose hunting and small game hunting with dogs. That started 40+ years ago when we didn't have turkeys. In the 80's I started going after turkeys some, it wasn't until I started hunting them with my son - derek on the board- that we kind of learned together. Evidently he is a better learner than I am!!

darn2ten

My mom and dad got a divorce when I was 4. My sister is 8 years older than me and got a boyfriend that loved to hunt. I look back now and think how grateful I am that a 18 year old boy took up so much time with me and took me everywhere to hunt everything. That was many years ago and he is now my brother in law and there's nobody I'd rather hunt with. We live about 650 miles apart now and don't get to hunt together very much anymore, but we're planning a central Georgia turkey hunt here in about a month and I can't wait.

Rio Fan

My dad would let me tag along with him on pheasant hunts when I was pretty young, that really got me hooked on hunting. I taught myself to turkey hunt and I still make plenty of mistakes, but I've also learned a lot through the years.  If someone doesn't have a turkey hunting mentor, I would recommend they spend as much time in the woods as they can and learn through trial and error. The birds will definitely teach you a thing or two!

vaturkey

I only got to squirrel hunt with my dad cause he was killed in an auto accident when I was 9. Everything that I know about hunting & fishing I've learned on my own. My son was my best hunting buddy ever. He died @ the age of 25. I have a 5 yo grandson that I hope to be taking real soon !

vaturkey  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

weave

Thought my self.  No one in my family hunts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2