OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi Prices

Started by CASH, February 18, 2014, 11:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

I know everybody is in a tizzy about the new Winnie shells, but just wondering what the Hevi prices are in your area.

I just stopped at a local outdoor store and their 3 in are $32.99, 3 1/2 is $36.99. Didn't look at the MagBlends, but interestingly enough, they have 2 boxes of the old white hulls in 3 in no4's marked down from $33 to $25.99.

Our Academy has 3 1/2 in for $30, 3 in for $26.99 and BPS is somewhere in the $30 plus range.

Just wondering what your prices are looking like. The last time I bought Hevi's I think they were around $21 a box.

I know the price of Tungsten has gone up, but damn.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

darron

I purchased some 3" 7's a few weeks ago to add to my stock and I believe I paid in the $25 range for them.

I bought some 3" 7's two years ago (bronze shell) that was giving me upwards to 300 in a 10" circle at  40 yards. Even if the newer wads lower my count to 200-250 I doubt if I will change. I won't know or a while as I have 3 boxes of the older lot #'s to shoot up.

The #7's 2oz in the 3" and the 2-1/4oz in the 3.5 are hard to beat when it comes to numbers and pattern density. The LB 6's will have to really impress me before I switch. 

klemsontigers7

Last year I bought some of the 3.5" #5 1.75 oz stuff for $7.49/box... yes, you read that right, 7.49/box.  I bought 15 boxes.

I could barely give the stuff away, everyone wanted the 2.25 and 2 oz stuff.

CASH

Quote from: klemsontigers7 on February 18, 2014, 11:47:24 AM
Last year I bought some of the 3.5" #5 1.75 oz stuff for $7.49/box... yes, you read that right, 7.49/box.  I bought 15 boxes.

I could barely give the stuff away, everyone wanted the 2.25 and 2 oz stuff.

Dang. Great deal for you
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

buck_hunter21

They can't be found for anything below $32 per 5 in my area.
Spill Blood

Crawl79

Over 30 in my area. Not sure if I will be making a switch this year. I will have a new barrel, scope, and stock so I have some shooting to do.
Will be sticking with the Hevi shot choke.

R AJ

One quote for Tungsten for shotgun shells is $50-$100 per Kilogram(2 pounds and 3.27 ounces).

Using avg of $75 that would make it about $2.25 per ounce or a 2 oz. shell would have $5.50 in shot alone.

That is why we saw so many reloaders buying up when shells were on sale and they simply wanted the shot at that price. They only export so much out per month as well as I understand that most of it comes from China.

eddie234

I got two boxes for $60.00 something but i sent in for the $20.00 rebate.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

stinkpickle

I think I saw some 3" 2oz shells for either $28 or $29....can't remember.  Of course, that was back around Christmas time.

Heller

3" hevi 13- $21.99. 3" mag blend $24.99

klemsontigers7

Quote from: RAJ on February 18, 2014, 12:21:13 PM
One quote for Tungsten for shotgun shells is $50-$100 per Kilogram(2 pounds and 3.27 ounces).

Using avg of $75 that would make it about $2.25 per ounce or a 2 oz. shell would have $5.50 in shot alone.

That is why we saw so many reloaders buying up when shells were on sale and they simply wanted the shot at that price. They only export so much out per month as well as I understand that most of it comes from China.

Exactly, I could have sold the shells for shot and made more than I did.  I didn't buy them to resell, I just didn't want them when I realized they were .5 oz lighter loads than I was currently shooting.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Heller on February 18, 2014, 12:44:01 PM
3" hevi 13- $21.99. 3" mag blend $24.99

Is that without the rebates?  Where is that?

Heller

No rebates. Gander mountain in illinois

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Heller on February 18, 2014, 01:31:15 PM
No rebates. Gander mountain in illinois

Then That's a mis-tag on the part of the store because EVERY SINGLE Gander I have been to in the last 3 months, including my old store has the 3" for $27.99 and the 3.5" for $37.99 and the only sizes they carried are the #5's.  Gander is without doubt the most expensive shain store for Hevi prices there is.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WildSpur

I got lucky last year and got 3" magblends at my local gander for $24.99 a box.   I bought 2 at that price and used the rebate.  I left 1 box there...probably should have got them all.  I did not see what the rate is this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less