turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Latex for tube calls

Started by Ky Gobbler, February 17, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ky Gobbler

I'm going to try my luck at making a few tube calls. Where do you guys get your latex for tube calls? I've looked on brookside game calls and they do have some latex but I'm not sure about the size of it. It looks like it may be cut kinda small.

TRKYHTR

pioneer turkey calls sales it with all their latex. It is cutt into a half moon shape. You might look there.
pioneerturkeycalls.com

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

alloutdoors

Do a search for TheraBand latex resistance bands. You can get them in rolls and cut your own. The tan/natural, yellow, and red work best for turkey calls, tan is the thinnest and gives a higher pitch and red is thickest (of those three).

I've got rolls of all three, if you don't want to start with full rolls and just want to try some out PM me and we can work out a deal for some.

pappy

I have to agree about the bands, i just got in a roll of the yellow, .004" and it works great...price was 18.00 bucks to my door through ebay....25 feet of it. I won't tell you who it was I bought my reeds from before, but 400 1" by 2" pieces cost me 35.00 ...... how many can I cut out of 25 feet of 6" wide latex? You do the math.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

decoykrvr

I needed latex for a tube goose call and  Harold Knight gave me some of the TheraBand green (heavy) at the NWTF in Nashville.  The green works great for Canada goose calls, turkey gobbling and even snow/blue calling (with considerably more pressure).  Both the TheraBand yellow and red are the ticket for tube turkey calls diaphragms, and a more accomplished caller w/ a tube style call, will probably like the red (a little harder to blow and master, but due to the thicker latex, a wider range of sounds.  All of the TheraBand latex is available by the foot (shipping prepaid) by several sources on EBay

Spur806

I go to the local pharmacy here, and in there therapy section they sell the thera-band by the foot, I don't make many tubes so that's where I get mine