turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Cook, Im not!

Started by guesswho, March 12, 2011, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

My Wifes 50th birthday will be Monday.  I was going to surprise her with a birthday cake tomorrow.   It's a good thing I'm better at killing turkeys than I am making cakes.   It's supposed to be about six inches tall and it's about a inch.  At least I still have the surprise factor on my side.  I plan on telling her this is by design.  She's fifty so I made a cake that looks like it's 50 years old.   Maybe I can fix it up with about five inches of chocalate icing.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Jay

That's just plain pitiful. Frosting should hide that awful thing, and maybe even make it taste good. Maybe. Dang! :begging: :TooFunny:

hookedspur

Quote from: Jay on March 12, 2011, 08:10:38 PM
That's just plain pitiful. Frosting should hide that awful thing, and maybe even make it taste good. Maybe. Dang! :begging: :TooFunny:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

Just pour a pot of pinto beans over it and call it supper.

Shotgun

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:   What ya doing tring to suck up before season starts.  As long as it taste good you'll be fine.

OLE RASPY

looks like corn bread instead of cake :TooFunny:

guesswho

Quote from: Shotgun on March 12, 2011, 08:14:10 PM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:   What ya doing tring to suck up before season starts.  As long as it taste good you'll be fine.
I tell her the only reason I married her is because her birthday is the day before turkey season.   Get the birthday doings out of the way and I'm good all turkey season. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 12, 2011, 08:17:18 PM
You ain't seen my cornbread :TooFunny:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

redarrow

Just remind her that 50 ain't old,for a tree. :TooFunny:

vaturkey

Quote from: guesswho on March 12, 2011, 08:06:08 PM
My Wifes 50th birthday will be Monday.  I was going to surprise her with a birthday cake tomorrow.   It's a good thing I'm better at killing turkeys than I am making cakes.   It's supposed to be about six inches tall and it's about a inch.  At least I still have the surprise factor on my side.  I plan on telling her this is by design.  She's fifty so I made a cake that looks like it's 50 years old.   Maybe I can fix it up with about five inches of chocalate icing.

GUESSWHO

MAMA ALWAYS TOLD ME TO NOT RUN IN THE KITCHEN WHEN SHE HAD A CAKE IN THE OVEN OR IT WOULD FALL. LOOKS LIKE A HERD OF BUFFALO RAN THROUGH YOUR KITCHEN.  AS LONG AS YOU MEANT WELL. THATS ALL THAT COUNTS. GOOD LUCK TUESDAY.   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Doug-Va

Thats what i was thinking :laugh:but i couldn't have done no better!

Doug

doepee

lmao ----better run to the store and get some cupcakes :icon_thumright:

mason0366

MY  sweetie said put back in pan. Put a thick layer of frosten on it. She would not know the difference, She would think it was messed up from cutting and getting it out of pan. Then she said bless his heart at least he tried!

selinoid44

mix a few peaches in there and you will have some peach cobbler. :you_rock:

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

mossy835

Quote from: guesswho on March 12, 2011, 08:18:20 PM
You ain't seen my cornbread :TooFunny:
Not yet but I would have thought it was, just cover it in Chili and buy a cake then you have dinner and dessert covered.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: