OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

new gun

Started by bmhern, February 16, 2014, 12:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmhern

I just got my first new turkey gun in 25 years. Its a rem 870 mag with shur-shot stock 23" barrel. Just wondering if anyone else shoots one and how u like it?

drum817

I don't personally own an 870...but they are great guns and A LOT folks swear by them!  CONGRATS on your new gun!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Deputy 14

You did well. Find you a choke and some shells and go hunt, after patterning of course. :icon_thumright:

WildSpur

I have the same gun....870 supermag.   My favorite gun to date.  Throws me a great hunting pattern with a .660 Jellyhead and 3.5" magblends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Chuck1443

bmhern

Hey wildspur, did u try a 665? I've already got a jellyhead .665.

Thomas6689

I just bought the same gun a couple weeks ago and ordered a choke from sumtoy, but haven't had a chance to pattern yet.

WildSpur

I did not try the .665.  I tried the factory .670 and bought the .660 based on what I see on here.  The Jellyhead 660 definitely was better than the factory choke for me.  It was good enough not to experiment further too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

surehuntsalot

:icon_thumright:     congrats on the new shotgun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

8upbowhunter

Congrats on the new turkey slayer! I bought the same gun 2 years ago and love it. I only shoot lead and the best combo that I have found so far was using a Remington Ventilator choke (.655) with Winchester HV 3.5/2/6 at 122 in a 10" circle at 40 yards from an unpolished barrel. I just ordered the items to polish my barrel so I will see what improvements that makes. I also have some Federal turkey thugs 3.5/2/6 to try out before the season.