turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tactical tatr 2 ?

Started by cohuttariverrat, February 16, 2014, 11:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cohuttariverrat

So im thinking of ordering one but hate not getting to try one on. The design and layout looks like what Im needing. I like the box call on my left side cause I carry gun sling mostly on right shoulder and with my other vest 'primos' the gun sling always catches on the call. I was mostly wondering at 5'7 170 should I get a Small/medium? I mostly run n gun in mnt terrain and loose slapping vest is annoying. Also whats your favorite features of this vest? favorite camo pattern for harwoods early and late season?

drum817

I don't own one "yet" .....but I tried on a buddies last week. I am 6' 4" tall and around 235-240 his was L/XL and it was a GREAT fit!!!  As far as patterns go, either Xtra green or MO obsession would be my personal choice.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

WVhuntEER

I am 5'8 170 and I have the Medium tatr' 2 vest in MO Obsession.  It fits awesome.  I love it.

WVhuntEER

I should add that  I love the way the cushion folds up and down easily.   It is a great run and gun vest.   This vest is very lightweight and doesn't restrict movement.  I love the layout of it.  Really the only thing that I don't like is I wish it had shell loops but that is no big deal.  Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

WildSpur

I have the original one but not the 2.  I think one thing you will like is having a water bottle pocket.  With that and a steri pen you can really put on the miles.  I don't have that on the original.  I think you will like having a gps pocket.  I use my box call pocket to hold my gps.  I think any pattern will suit you fine.  Imo obsession wins the hunters beauty pageant though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

cohuttariverrat

Thanks yall I think im for sure sold on a small/medium while there marked down to $119. I tried vest on all weekend at convention and basspro. Just couldn't pull the trigger on any of them. I feel the tatr will suite my needs and hear great reviews on them

TauntoHawk

No complaints on mine other than the padded back can get hot in warm weather.

I don't carry a ton of calls so I can get everything I need in it. Seat is thick and comfortable which is pretty important for staying still for longer periods of time
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CT Spur Collector

I have one, on a long hot day, it gets to me a bit. I do like the big seat. If you're a patient sitter like me, you'll appreciate the seat.

I did trade mine for a lighter one last year.

Good luck.

Indianayounggun

Something to keep in mind while looking at that line of vests is the kickstand model. It comes with a really user-friendly feature that lets you sit darn near anywhere, and defiantly a lot of places that don't have suitable trees to sit against. And the best part is the kickstand is detachable, which is the only difference between the tactical tat'r 2 and kickstand model, so if you don't want to use it on a certain day then you can snap it off and have a regular tactical tat'r 2 in seconds! I made the decision to spend a little more on the kickstand and it made a huge difference multiple times last year on hunts.   

cohuttariverrat

Well its a done deal. Tatr 2 in obsession is in the mail. Thanks guys. Sometimes a man just needs that peer pressure to click the add to cart button. I hope its snug fit an not a slappy rattle trap. Where would yal carry a thermacell on these vest? I like to fire one up an let it run the whole hunt

olejake

Therma cell is the best invention since sliced bread..IMO..BUT it WILL burn a hole in your clothing..I dont pack mine till it cools off..I think the vest-makers that offer the  pocket intend it for using as a cold carry and taking it out when using..wouldn't want to take the chance on a pricey vest

WVhuntEER

Quote from: cohuttariverrat on February 19, 2014, 07:07:08 AM
Well its a done deal. Tatr 2 in obsession is in the mail. Thanks guys. Sometimes a man just needs that peer pressure to click the add to cart button. I hope its snug fit an not a slappy rattle trap. Where would yal carry a thermacell on these vest? I like to fire one up an let it run the whole hunt
I carry mine in the box call pocket.   :icon_thumright:

Turkey Trot

Quote from: cohuttariverrat on February 16, 2014, 03:46:41 PM
Thanks yall I think im for sure sold on a small/medium while there marked down to $119. I tried vest on all weekend at convention and basspro. Just couldn't pull the trigger on any of them. I feel the tatr will suite my needs and hear great reviews on them

Wrap the web around the vest straps, cinch them, and buckle it on facing out.  On the opposite side from where you carry the gun on the strap.  It works well on a Limbhanger, but sometimes has a minor annoyance factor depending on how you are moving or contorting your body. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Gooserbat

Quote from: cohuttariverrat on February 19, 2014, 07:07:08 AM
I carry mine in the vertical pocket on the left side.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cohuttariverrat

good ideals. I do have a holster with a clip. I run my continuous cause I refill them and its just pennys to do so. And if your running an gunning and strike a bird last thing I want to do is click click trying to get it lit. I already got the tatr2 I the mail today. So far im very pleased. I think a few things could be tweaked but its just what I needed. thanks for all the info