OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ICU TO OSCEOLA SUCESS

Started by Jimbob, March 12, 2011, 07:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Well I was in the icu 2 weeks ago with a major blood clot in my brain and somehow was able to get into the woods 8 days after I left the hospital. I had a great hunt on opening weekend in south florida with speckslayer and was able to take a nice bird the first day and almost a second for speckslayer but we had a mishap and no bird . Speckslayer connected a couple days later with a fine bird, hunting on public land is tough but we made it happen !!!
OSCEOLA GROUND AND POUND BABY !!!!!!!

JVA54

OLE RASPY

njdevilsb

Congrats on the bird.  Glad you made it through your tough time and got out in time to lay the smackdown.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ghillie

Awesome man!!!   That is just great!!!  Hope your well on your way to a full recovery...    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

trkycaller

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Fireengine70

woodchip

jake slayer

Awsome glad that you are back up & hunting !

timbrhuntr

Congrats on the bird.

Dang blood clots. I have multiple in my lungs and the top of my heart from surgery. Guess they can't kill off us tough old turkey hunters. Meds and blood tests for 6 months sucks though.

Again congrats on what I'm sure is a sweet bird.

bird

Congrats all the way around Jimbob  :z-guntootsmiley:

Doug-Va

Congrats!! Glad everything worked out for you!

Doug

Jimbob

Quote from: timbrhuntr on March 12, 2011, 08:43:03 PM
Congrats on the bird.

Dang blood clots. I have multiple in my lungs and the top of my heart from surgery. Guess they can't kill off us tough old turkey hunters. Meds and blood tests for 6 months sucks though.

Again congrats on what I'm sure is a sweet bird.
You got that right, just glad to be alive. 6 MONTHS would be nice but i'm a lifer with the meds and tests. I can handle it if I stay livin !!!! :mycross:
OSCEOLA GROUND AND POUND BABY !!!!!!!