OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

jellyhead or kicks

Started by jakesdad, February 12, 2014, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

For an 870 shooting the Longbeards(3" #6s)and the Win. black box 3" #6s.Any opinion/preference/experiences?

Will NOT be using any HTL from this setup so that will not be part of the equation.Lead only.Thanks.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Philippe

Between those two chokes. JellyHead .660 or .665

WildSpur

Jellyhead fan here too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

wvnut3

jellyhead  :icon_thumright: check out www.gamaliel.com they have the original, not the maximum for $35.00 and free shipping... Lee

jakesdad

.660 or .665 or does it make much difference?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

wvnut3

i have the .660 for my 870. Its 3inch only... and it works great with 5&6..lead.  Lee

wvnut3

I have both 5&6 Longbeards, awaiting nice weather.  :toothy9:

Philippe

Quote from: jakesdad on February 12, 2014, 09:18:45 PM
.660 or .665 or does it make much difference?

Made quite a difference for myself. That's why I went ahead and bought both when they were on sale.

SKFOOTER

What length barrel does your 870 have, JakesDad??

jakesdad

bowhunter2k9

.660 would be better for 6's
Romans 8:38-39

Rockhound

Kicks all day long, and as a plus they are American made

Tom Foolery

I shoot a Kicks .660 from my 870, tried the JellyHead in a couple different guns and have not been impressed.

fallsflight

Quote from: wvnut3 on February 12, 2014, 09:13:58 PM
jellyhead  :icon_thumright: check out www.gamaliel.com they have the original, not the maximum for $35.00 and free shipping... Lee

Thanks for info.  Wanted one for my son's 20 gauge 870.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Longshanks

Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 13, 2014, 09:22:15 AM
I shoot a Kicks .660 from my 870, tried the JellyHead in a couple different guns and have not been impressed.

Hello Tom Foolery,

The kicks .660 put me over 100 with the 3" HV 5's with the 28" bbl. Thanks. Trying the 21" bbl when it warms up. Looking forward to seeing what these Win LB shells will do with the kicks .655 and .660. If it's lead I stick with Kicks. Jellyhead has given me good pattern results with HTL and Nitro but the POA/POI goes way off requiring additional sights or red dot to reel it in. So much so I sold the JH chokes.