turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M2 black or factory APG

Started by scdxt, February 12, 2014, 11:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

Well ive decided to buy another benelli m2 this time with 21" barrel. Trying to decide between the factory apg camo or get a black one and dip it later when its starts looking rough. I also want to add a non- comfortech stock and would have to get dipped to match. Im leaning towards black and bottomland it later but what do yall thiunk

SCDieselDawg

Two different ways to look at it. First is cost: is it cheaper to go for the factory APG (I know you're not fond of APG).

Second is personal preference: money doesn't matter cause you know what you want.

I'm cheap. If it were me I would buy the black and dream about dipping it.

reynolds243

i went through the same ordeal when i ordered my SBE2. I opted to get black and dip it, the finish on getting it dipped will be MUCH better then factory and more durable AND you get to pick the pattern!

go black or go used any color and have it dipped. ALSO keep an eye out on ebay for the stocks, i bought a new steady grip stock in black off there for my gun for $50 BUCKS!!!!!

scdxt

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 12, 2014, 11:31:32 AM
i went through the same ordeal when i ordered my SBE2. I opted to get black and dip it, the finish on getting it dipped will be MUCH better then factory and more durable AND you get to pick the pattern!

go black or go used any color and have it dipped. ALSO keep an eye out on ebay for the stocks, i bought a new steady grip stock in black off there for my gun for $50 BUCKS!!!!!
Thats what ive been figuring. I can dip it myself for around $50 or have it done for $200. There are patterns out there that look as good as bottomland like ultimate camo and you can make it lighter or darker using different base colors. I want the regular stock in noncomfortech. I have owned both and the comfortech is a waste of money and after lots of use the rubber falls out of them. Figured i would sell the comfortech stock on ebay.

reynolds243

to me it comes down to what type of person are you. One of my fav parts of turkey hunting is fully customizing my stuff and making it "MINE". I like to buy it basic and trick it out, to be honest I'm obsessed with it and actually doing it again right now with a 20 gauge (once i decide which one i want).

the problem is it takes time for most to get the money and find the deals so if you are a NOW type guy then get it now or wait and build it and make it YOUR gun over time.

scdxt

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 12, 2014, 12:14:28 PM
to me it comes down to what type of person are you. One of my fav parts of turkey hunting is fully customizing my stuff and making it "MINE". I like to buy it basic and trick it out, to be honest I'm obsessed with it and actually doing it again right now with a 20 gauge (once i decide which one i want).

the problem is it takes time for most to get the money and find the deals so if you are a NOW type guy then get it now or wait and build it and make it YOUR gun over time.
Im about the same way. Ive always wanted a 21" m2 in bottomland style camo non comfortech with speed bead or drill and tap and ffIII.Seems like the perfect turkey killing machine. Light as a feather

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

scdxt

Going tomorrow and see if I can hold both. I know the turkeys dont care but I want to be happy with the $1300 gun. lol

allaboutshooting

Quote from: scdxt on February 12, 2014, 11:04:33 AM
Well ive decided to buy another benelli m2 this time with 21" barrel. Trying to decide between the factory apg camo or get a black one and dip it later when its starts looking rough. I also want to add a non- comfortech stock and would have to get dipped to match. Im leaning towards black and bottomland it later but what do yall thiunk
I normally buy black guns but also have a good many that have some type of camo on them. I've been taking my black Vinci to the turkey woods more and more lately and don't feel at any disadvantage.

It really boils down to what you like or want.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

scdxt

Thanks everyone I think Im going with black when I get it.

Ridge Rooster

Where did you find them in stock? I like what your thinking, as far as the ultimate light, handy, turkey slayer! I have always loved my Old School Remington 11-87 with 21" barrel and the Benelli is the modern upgraded version of the Old Remington. I like the idea of all black and getting dipped in Old School Mossy Oak, would really be cool if someone started doing Old School Green Leaf!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

scdxt

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on February 15, 2014, 05:57:46 PM
Where did you find them in stock? I like what your thinking, as far as the ultimate light, handy, turkey slayer! I have always loved my Old School Remington 11-87 with 21" barrel and the Benelli is the modern upgraded version of the Old Remington. I like the idea of all black and getting dipped in Old School Mossy Oak, would really be cool if someone started doing Old School Green Leaf!

Ridge Rooster
I actually have the 11-87 special purpose 21" in mobu. Just a newer camo same gun. I found the m2s at Palmetto state armory. Also my local gun store has them. They are $1199

SCDieselDawg

[/quote]
I actually have the 11-87 special purpose 21" in mobu. Just a newer camo same gun. I found the m2s at Palmetto state armory. Also my local gun store has them. They are $1199
[/quote]

Made your mind up yet??? Them boys in Walhalla are going to start charging you a handling fee!!!

Ridge Rooster

Hell I want one also!! LOL

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

scdxt

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on February 15, 2014, 06:47:09 PM

[/quote]

Made your mind up yet??? Them boys in Walhalla are going to start charging you a handling fee!!!
[/quote]
LOL they will be ok.......Probably just get my old one back and send it Rob let him do his thing and bottomland