OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ICE STORM...

Started by ctwny1, February 12, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

If anybody being effected by the ice storm needs help, please let us know and will do the best we can to get what ever you need to yea.

Shellwaster

Thanks for the offer. I'm iced in with the family just east of atlanta about 50-60 miles. The freezing rain began around 3 this morning and as sit in the comforts of my lazy boy with a cup of coffee I look out the window and see the freezing rain turn to snow. I've got flashlights, buddy heaters, liquor, snacks and card games that I hope will outlast this mess.
Trees are already beginning to pop and snap under the load of ice unfortunately and is only a matter of time before one lets go on the overhead power line supplying my subdivision.
I'm fortunate that after a long day at work yesterday that I come home and see a package from Mr. Sneed so at least I get to annoy my wife and daughter with the sweet sounds of turkey talk on my new slate call.q

Tail Feathers

Ya'll hunker down.  Maybe it won't last long.
We had some ice on the overpasses this morning and had a bunch of wrecks early, but most has already melted.
Looks like we barely got skimmed by it all and warmer weather will be here soon.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ElkTurkMan

Thanks for the offer.  I am about 23 miles east of Atlanta, and as I type this the sleet is coming down.  I stocked up with most everything I need, and I am just enjoying an unexpected day off. I have the caped out head from last season's buck in my freezer.  I decided not to mount him and just do a antler mount.  So I think today might be a good day saw the rack and boil the hair off the skull plate.   I hope all of my fellow Georgians stay safe through this. 

Shellwaster

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on February 12, 2014, 10:12:05 AM
Thanks for the offer.  I am about 23 miles east of Atlanta, and as I type this the sleet is coming down.  I stocked up with most everything I need, and I am just enjoying an unexpected day off. I have the caped out head from last season's buck in my freezer.  I decided not to mount him and just do a antler mount.  So I think today might be a good day saw the rack and boil the hair off the skull plate.   I hope all of my fellow Georgians stay safe through this.

Elk,
Where you stays? I'm guessing Lithonia-Conyers area?

jakesdad

Us more northern inclined folks always get a kick out of your southerners and your winter storm dealings.But in all seriousness you guys be SAFE and take care,ice is ice , and whether its north or south, its a mess and dangerous.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

AndyH

I'm in Madison Ga waiting to restore power. Not much out. Here yet. Got down here yesterday from Ohio

worth612000

Quote from: AndyH on February 12, 2014, 02:42:12 PM
I'm in Madison Ga waiting to restore power. Not much out. Here yet. Got down here yesterday from Ohio

Andy we appreciate you guys coming down here to help out. I know it's  hard to leave home, get thrown in a motel or worse have to get out and work in this mess.

Thanks,
James

BowBendr

We've had snow in western NC for months now, but i've not seen it snow like this in a loooooong time. Maybe 12-14" more snow by morning............

Shellwaster

Thanks for coming down to help out. Are you staging at the GA. Power building or at a hotel? Madison is 16 miles east of me and we have about 3/4" of ice and gaining more by the minute. Madison and further east is forecasted to get more throughout the night and into tomorrow. The trees are loaded with ice and some are beginning to lean, exposing more area for ice to accumulate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't begin to snap. If so you may be restoring my power.

VA_Birdhunter

No ice just snow here in WV where I'm at....its been snowing since 4 PM calling for up to 9 inches....then up to 3 tomorrow....Lord I'm praying it doesn't!!! Pray everyone in the storms path stays safe!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

beagler

Calling for 8" here tomorrow to add to the 12" we already have down. At least the temps are supposed to warm up next week. My dad went coyote hunting yesterday morning and the temp outside read minus 18.  :fire:
On a side note he did manage to kill this small female after a short chase.
Never Misses

tomstopper

Prayers sent for all affected and good to see another dead yote Beagler......

fountain2

Foe those in the atl area and up, y'all think it will be drive able up that way later tomorrow evening?  We are about 2.5-3 hrs south of Atlanta and planning to head out about 1 to Nashville and are concerned about travels

AndyH

Quote from: Shellwaster on February 12, 2014, 04:45:05 PM

Thanks for coming down to help out. Are you staging at the GA. Power building or at a hotel? Madison is 16 miles east of me and we have about 3/4" of ice and gaining more by the minute. Madison and further east is forecasted to get more throughout the night and into tomorrow. The trees are loaded with ice and some are beginning to lean, exposing more area for ice to accumulate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't begin to snap. If so you may be restoring my power.
We were staging right behind the Ga power building, but they sent us to Jonesboro this afternoon. I 20 was a mess. The closer we go to Atlanta the worse it got. Hunker down, ice is never fun to deal with