turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is there any way to fix a pot call?

Started by birdyhunter, February 11, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

I have a zink crystal power hen that got cracked last season. Is there any way to fix it or am I just out of a call?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mac Dietrich

You should be able to send it to any custom call maker and should be able to fix it for ya...I've fixed a few myself from people droping on concrete and hard surfaces

birdyhunter

Quote from: Mac Dietrich on February 11, 2014, 05:22:02 PM
You should be able to send it to any custom call maker and should be able to fix it for ya...I've fixed a few myself from people droping on concrete and hard surfaces
good deal! Any idea on cost?

rutandstrut

I would call Zink first and see if they will fix or replace it. If they won't I will fix it for you If pay the shipping both ways!

pappy

I am sure it can have the crystal replaced but that does not guarantee the same sound as before it was damaged. You must understand that materials even though named the same can be drastically different in make up when they are used. Your best bet, if you are not looking for the exact or close to the same sound out of the pot once repaired is to buy another one. Or just go to one of the call makers here and get one from them, there are some great makers here that could make you what you are looking for.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

birdyhunter

Quote from: rutandstrut on February 11, 2014, 05:49:12 PM
I would call Sink first and see if they will fix or replace it. If they won't I will fix it for you If pay the shipping both ways!
I have an email in to them but if they can't do anything for me I'd be glad to take you up on your offer. I'd also be more than happy to pay you for your time and materials.

birdyhunter

Quote from: pappy on February 11, 2014, 08:34:26 PM
I am sure it can have the crystal replaced but that does not guarantee the same sound as before it was damaged. You must understand that materials even though named the same can be drastically different in make up when they are used. Your best bet, if you are not looking for the exact or close to the same sound out of the pot once repaired is to buy another one. Or just go to one of the call makers here and get one from them, there are some great makers here that could make you what you are looking for.
I'm not that concerned abouy the same exact sound. I have other glass calls and another on the way already. I just didn't want to throw away a $75 pot call.

Old Gobbler

Call them up , usually most call companies have good customer service and will take care of you

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

JLCcalls

Quote from: rutandstrut on February 11, 2014, 05:49:12 PM
I would call Sink first and see if they will fix or replace it. If they won't I will fix it for you If pay the shipping both ways!
This is customer service at its best.    Way to go Tim. :icon_thumright:

M Sharpe

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 11, 2014, 11:20:55 PM
Call them up , usually most call companies have good customer service and will take care of you

I would definetly give them the first shot at it and like Shannon said most will fix or replace a call. Chrystal is chrystal..... the sound should be the same as before!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

birdyhunter

Sent it to zink this morning.  They are going to fix it free of charge which is totally not what I was expecting since the call is four years old and it was my fault it cracked. Great customer service at zink calls!

rutandstrut

Quote from: birdyhunter on February 12, 2014, 04:01:01 PM
Sent it to zink this morning.  They are going to fix it free of charge which is totally not what I was expecting since the call is four years old and it was my fault it cracked. Great customer service at zink calls!

Good deal! I am.glad they are taking care of it! Shane Hendershott is.a.great guy!
Good Deal! Shane Hendershott is a good guy! That is why I suggested you call them first! I figure they would fix or replace it!

poeboy18

Quote from: rutandstrut on February 12, 2014, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: birdyhunter on February 12, 2014, 04:01:01 PM

Good deal! I am.glad they are taking care of it! Shane Hendershott is.a.great guy!
Good Deal! Shane Hendershott is a good guy! That is why I suggested you call them first! I figure they would fix or replace it!
Shane hasnt worked for zink for 3 years now Josh does a lot of the call production stuff. I agree Shane is a great guy. And Zink does have good customer service.
Knocking Heads Off