News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dipped Gun Pictures

Started by hookedspur, February 07, 2014, 09:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 10, 2014, 09:44:13 PM
Some good lookin guns guys. I've got a question, can you dip a gun that has parts ( barrel and stocks) that are factory dipped?

Yes but whoever you go with make sure they are removing that before the new dip. You don't want it going over film that's already on there. I know Rob Roberts crew blast it down to the medal but I'm sure others do as well

ericjames

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 10, 2014, 10:16:00 PM

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 10, 2014, 09:44:13 PM
Some good lookin guns guys. I've got a question, can you dip a gun that has parts ( barrel and stocks) that are factory dipped?

Yes but whoever you go with make sure they are removing that before the new dip. You don't want it going over film that's already on there. I know Rob Roberts crew blast it down to the medal but I'm sure others do as well

I agree with that. I took mine down to bare metal with a paint remover, it brought it right off.  I sprayed out down let it sit for about 1 min.and washed it off with a water hose, it was the browning factory duratouch.

callwinner11

i have heard good an bad about doing it yourself...is it really that hard??????

Frank G

Quote from: bunk on February 07, 2014, 10:58:24 PM
I like the bottom land camo but I think it looks better when the pattern is ran length wise with the gun like vaturkeys. I had mine done in obsession by camo solutions.

Bunk,
That scope l@@ks like a AimPoint ...... is it? Can't blow up the image.  :camohat:
Frank G

Frank G  In Tennessee

hunter22

Is Rob Roberts set up to dip guns or is he still sending his stuff to Camo Solutions?

reynolds243

Quote from: hunter22 on February 11, 2014, 09:40:46 AM
Is Rob Roberts set up to dip guns or is he still sending his stuff to Camo Solutions?

to be honest i don't know, from what i understand the do the break down and what not at his shop then send it next door to get it actually dipped. The real part i liked about Robs stuff was he told me if it started to peel or chip bad in a year or even more send it back and he would make it right.

I mainly used him because I was already sending my gun there to get worked on so it saved me in shipping.

ericjames

Quote from: callwinner11 on February 11, 2014, 09:24:27 AM
i have heard good an bad about doing it yourself...is it really that hard??????

It takes practice, I dipped a light switch cover and then I dipped this shotgun. I started out worth the small parts first to get a little more practice. It turn out good enough for me. I guess I had beginners luck, I did my abolt the very next day and it was kind of tight in the tub I had. I didn't have but 2" space on the stock and that was turned from corner to corner. I had to do the stock twice on it because I screwed up the first time. But I think if you make sure you have plenty of room, and you like to DIY you would be fine just take you're time. It also helps when you dip it to have an extra set of hands. After you submerge the item , especially larger items, to have them clean the taped edges out of the way before you pull the item out. That's what messed my stock up, I went to pull the item out of the water and the taped edges got tangled on the stock.

jhcats10

Here's mine from Color and Camo. Turned out really nice.

GuideGun

How has the dip been holding up for people that have used them in the field?  Thinking about dipping my 870 myself.
Matt

hunter22

That is a fine looking turkey gun Denny. The call and the turkey are not bad either. ;D ;D

FttFttVroom!

Here's one I had done last year.  The pattern is called Tru Timber flooded timber

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Old Timer53

Rickey

Looks like that Bottomland Camo came out mighty fine!
Hammer them toms this spring !!

3seasons